Our Fortnite Guided Missile guide contains damage stats and tips to help you master this new weapon.
All the way back in V3.4 of Fortnite, the notorious Guided Missile was introduced to the game. Long story short, the community weren't fans of the way it promoted sitting back, relaxing and sending raining explosive terror on enemies from afar with minimal effort - it was simply too strong. So strong in fact that Epic Games decided to pull it from the game and send it back into the Vault for further inspection.
Well, V.5.10 has brought the Guided Missile back from the labs, and this time it's undergone some serious treatment. It's been toned down in every regard, making it less potent and more balanced. It still functions in exactly the same way though. You'll still be able to rocket ride your friends into action, destroy forts from afar and send a rocket looping through the air and crashing into someone while sipping a cuppa.
With this nerf, Epic wanted to turn this weapon into more of a utility tool without stripping away what made it fun to use. Here's hoping that it'll be sticking around a little longer this time.
To help you get to grips with the new Guided Missile, we've put together a list of all the changes at the very top of the page. We've lablled the new Guided Missile, "Guided Missile V2" and the old one, "Guided Missile V1". We've decided to keep the original content towards the bottom for nostalgia's sake, and so you can compare both versions if you want!
Guided Missile V2: Overview
Read on below to find out how the Guided Missile's been tweaked.
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Fuse duration reduced from 18 to 15 seconds.
- Movement Speed decreased from 1100 to 1000.
- Reload time increased to 2.4/2.2.
- Reduced player damage from 105/110 down to 74/77 damage.
- Reduced structure damage down from 1100 to 400.
- Explosions now damage structures with no regard for Line of Sight.
- Guided Missile can also be controlled via keyboard using the default movement inputs.
Scroll to the bottom of the page for a few handy tips to get you up and running with this revamped rocket launcher!
Guided Missile V1: Overview
Here's a brief breakdown of everything you need to know about this new weapon.
- Damage to Environment: 1000
- Lifetime: 18 seconds
- Time Between Shots: 3.13 seconds
- Rocket Speed: 1300 units/second
- Rocket Health: 100
- Take direct control of the missile after it's fired.
- Once you take on the missile's point-of-view, you’re unable to move your character.
- Disconnect from the missile at any time, in which the missile will continue its trajectory.
- Moves slightly slower than a regular rocket but does the same damage.
- Epic and Legendary rarity.
- Uses Rocket ammo.
- Found in Treasure Chests + Supply Drops.
Video by Ninja
Guided Missile Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tidbits of strategy advice to help you master the Guided Missile.
- Fire a missile at a downed ally and it'll actually pick them up! Simply guide the them back over to you for the easy revive.
- Whatever you do, avoid firing this weapon when you're out in the open as it'll leave you completely stranded. Find a safe place first, whether that be a fort or sneaky hiding spot.
- Missiles don't travel that fast so approaching players head-on often isn't the best course of action. Find a way to guide your missile around them so they have absolutely no chance of side-stepping your explosive surprise.
- Send your missile flying back towards yourself, exit the controls, time your jump just right and you'll be able to rocket ride on your own missile!