Our Fortnitemares 2018 guide contains everything you need to know about this new limited time event and includes details on the new Six Shooter and Field Hunter Crossbow weapons, Deadfire Outfit, Cube Fragments, Cube enemies and Fortnitemares challenges.
The purple cube which has been roaming around Fortnite’s map for what seems like an eternity, has finally had enough of Loot Lake. Previously it’s littered the landscape with runes, turned Loot Lake into one enormous bounce pad and even lifted the house in Loot Lake into the sky - it’s really had it in for Loot Lake. Well, now it’s shattered the house into smithereens, signalling the start of Fortnitemares!
As you’ve probably guessed from the name, Fortnitemares is Fortnite’s take on Halloween and introduces a host of spooky features for a limited time. There are a couple of brand new weapons and special Cube Fragments that spawn zombie-esque Cube monsters. Eliminate these enemies and they’ll have a small chance of granting you some juicy loot, so it’s well worth channelling your inner Van Helsing and getting stuck in.
Below we’ve rounded up everything you need to know about Fortnitemares so you can get clued up quickly on all the important details. There are bound to be a few secrets here and there, so we’ll make sure to update this page throughout the day with any new discoveries - keep this page bookmarked for all the latest updates!
Head on over to Epic Games' official blog post for a complete rundown of the official patch notes.
Fortnitemares 2018: Info Roundup
- There is a brand new Deadfire outfit that comes with a Shackled Stone Back Bling and matching Dark Shard pickaxe. You’ll need to fork over some cash in the Item Shop if you want to get your hands on them though.
- Purchase the Deadfire outfit and it’ll come with in-match progression. The outfit will progress through 2 styles based on the damage you deal to enemies (players and AI) and how long you last in a match.
- Fortnitemares also has a set of free challenges for all players. Complete each challenge set and you’ll unlock a new in-game cosmetic.
- Every few days there will be a new set of challenges and new rewards. Complete the final set of challenges and you’ll earn the Dark Engine Glider (which looks superb).
These are the first set of challenges:
- Destroy Cube Monsters
- Deal damage with Assault Rifles or Pistols to Cube Monsters
- Visit a Corrupted Area in different matches
- Dance at different Gargoyles
Make sure you check out our All Gargoyles locations page for help finding them all!
- There are two new weapons to obtain: The Six Shooter revolver and Fiend Hunter Crossbow.
- The Six Shooter is a permanent addition to the game, while the Fiend Hunter Crossbow is limited time.
- Currently there is limited information on the Six Shooter, but we’ll update this section when we know more.
- The Fiend Hunter Crossbow is an Epic rarity weapon and deals 40 base damage, fires 1.8 shots per second and hits 4x harder against Fiends. It can hold 7 arrows in the magazine, has unlimited ammo reserves and can be found on the floor, in chests and Vending Machines.
- Cube Fragments will spawn all over the map and come in two varieties: Small and Large.
- Small Fragments are created randomly throughout the match.
- Large Fragments are found near corrupted areas on the island.
- All Fragments spawn Cube Monsters: Cube Fiends and Cube Brutes.
- Defeat either monster and they will have a chance of dropping loot and will grant some shield too.