The latest Fortnite update has introduced a new Limited Time Mode to the game called Floor is Lava. Just like when you were a kid, the challenge here is to avoid touching the floor at any costs or you'll lose the game!
To help you get to grips with it nice and quickly, we've put together a starter guide that explains the rules for Floor is Lava, and how you'll be able to dodge a fiery end.
Bring the heat! Downtime has completed for the v8.20 update. Fire away in the new Floor is Lava LTM, coming soon! pic.twitter.com/1HP7n4a9XPFortnite (@FortniteGame) 27 March 2019
The patch that adds the new mode has only just gone live, and so we'll add in tips and gameplay video as soon as it becomes available. Stay tuned for an update soon.
First up, here's how the LTM actually works:
- Once the match has begun, you'll have a few moments' grace before lava begins to rise up through the ground.
- The lava arrives steadily, and will continue rising until the entire map has been covered in the fiery stuff.
- Should you come into contact with it, you'll take damage immediately and also be shot up into the air a little distance.
- Although you yourself are extremely vulnerable to the heat, you can actually build structures on top of the lava. This should help you escape the danger a little.
- If you've struggled to find materials to build with, don't worry! Every player will be gifted a chunk of materials every second so they can stay in the game. Handy when there's no more high terrain left to exploit.
Those are the basics of how Floor is Lava works, then. As soon as we've got some hands-on experience with the mode we'll slot our tips in right here.
For now, here's a video which shows a variety of streamers tackling this fiery new mode:
We'll be back with some strategy advice very soon!