Our Fortnite Drum Gun guide contains weapons stats, rarity details, tips for using it and information on finding the new weapon.
We may be approaching the end of Season 4 of Fortnite, but that doesn't mean Epic's taken its foot off the pedal when it comes to introducing new content to the game.
In the latest patch update, a brand-new weapon known as the Drum Gun has been added to this game.
In this article we've gathered together everything we currently know about this weapon, from its base stats to its feel in gameplay, and we've also added some advice on how to go about getting your hands on the new weapon.
What rarities is the Drum Gun available in?
The Drum Gun is available in Uncommon and Rare varieties and will do either 26 or 27 base damage depending on the version you happen to pick up. Land a headshot on your opponent and you'll double the damage dealt in each case.
Any other stats for the Drum Gun?
The Drum Gun packs in a whopping 50 rounds per full clip, which is great for those of you who need a little extra fuel in the tank for taking down a target.
Regardless of the rarity of the Drum Gun you manage to loot, you'll dish out that ammo at a rate of 9, but keep in mind that while the Uncommon version of the weapon has a reload time of 3.15 seconds, the Rare version is a mite quicker at 3 seconds.
Both Drum Gun rarities make use Medium ammo.
- 1. Season 10 guide - Fortnite: Season 10 guide
- 2. Best Settings - Fortnite: Best Settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keybinds 2019 - Fortnite: Best Keybinds 2019
- 4. System Requirements - Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land Faster - Fortnite: How to land faster
- 6. Champion Series - Fortnite: Champion Series guide (Schedule, Players, Fixtures and Results)
Where can you find the Drum Gun?
There are no specific areas you can head to in order to get your hands on the Drum Gun.
As with most other weapons in the game, you simply need to either loot it from chests, bag one from a Vending Machine or just pick them up off the corpse of someone who was a little bit luckier - or unluckier more like - at finding one...
Any Drum Gun tips?
Here are a handful of tips that have emerged about using the Drum Gun so far. We'll update this section once we've hand more hands-on experience with the weapon for ourselves:
- Despite the massive magazine and its zippy fire rate, the price for this advantage is paid for with lower accuracy and a recoil effect.
- While the SMG has been a firm favourite for some time, you might want to prioritise taking the Drum Gun instead if you get the chance. Both weapon types use Medium ammo, but the Drum Gun edges its counterpart in raw damage output.
- Many players report finding success by combining the Drum Gun with something like a Shotgun. That gives you back-up finishing damage after you've emptied your clip at medium range.