Our Fortnite Double Barrel Shotgun guide contains weapon stats, rarity details, tips for using it effectively and information on finding the new weapon.
Remember the heady days of Double Pump? Equipping multiple Shotguns and swapping between them after each shot eliminated the need for reloading and essentially made up one of Fortnite’s first meta-games. Almost every fight was decided by who could best use this method and eventually Epic decided enough was enough and nerfed it out of the game.
Epic’s response to Double Pump has been a steady trickle of SMG releases which has successfully brought more variety into close range engagements. The Double Barrel Shotgun comes as a pleasant surprise then, especially as it embodies the power of the “Double Pump”. It has its obvious drawbacks which we’ll get to further down the page, but for those who miss the good old days, this weapon certainly brings you closest to bringing down enemies in two swift blasts.
Below we’ve put together everything you need to know about this new weapon, including its base stats, how it feels in hand and some strategy advice to best utilise its close quarters power.
What rarities is the Double Barrel Shotgun available in?
The Double Barrel Shotgun is available in Epic and Legendary variants and will blast out a hefty 143 damage at extreme close range, or 150 if you bag the Legendary version. No matter what rarity you manage to pick up then, as long as you get close enough to your opponent you’ll drop them in no time at all.
Any other stats for the Double Barrel Shotgun?
One of the main drawbacks of the Double Barrel Shotgun is its huge damage falloff. If the opponents manages to put some distance between you both, then a blast from this weapon will only tickle them with a fraction of the base damage. You need to get right up in their face to sink all the pellets and clock the highest possible damage numbers.
Don’t forget that the Double Barrel Shotgun is also capable of rapid firing two shots in quick succession. This doubles the base damage to a whopping 286 - 300!
- 1. Season 10 guide - Fortnite: Season 10 guide
- 2. Best Settings - Fortnite: Best Settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keybinds 2019 - Fortnite: Best Keybinds 2019
- 4. System Requirements - Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land Faster - Fortnite: How to land faster
- 6. Champion Series - Fortnite: Champion Series guide (Schedule, Players, Fixtures and Results)
Where can you find the Double Barrel Shotgun?
You’ll be able to get your mitts on the Double Barrel Shotgun in a variety of ways:
- Floor Loot
- Supply Drops
- Vending Machines
Any Double Barrel Shotgun tips?
Here are a handful of tips which should help you use the Double Barrel Shotgun more effectively:
- The main thing you’ve got to remember with this shotgun is its miniscule range. You absolutely must get right next to your opponent before pulling the trigger. This way most of, if not all your pellets will hit your enemy and deal huge amounts of damage. If there’s any chance they’ll get away from your blast, it’s best to switch to another weapon. The damage falloff is massive.
- To secure kills, it’s best to pull the trigger in quick succession to deliver maximum damage in a short space of time.
- We’d recommend aiming for the body instead of the head as more of your pellets are likely to land. The chest hitbox is larger than the head!