Our Fortnite Disco Domination guide explains how to win the new LTM, with tips and strategy advice to be added once it's live in the game.
A new Limited Time Mode called Disco Domination is expected to go live in Fortnite a little later on today. The news comes following the release of the Fortnite V6.02 patch notes that were published by Epic earlier this morning.
Disco Domination is all about showing off your best moves on a collection of dance floors located here and there around the map. Dance long enough on any given spot and you'll eventually capture it, with players ultimately aiming to fill up their team's dance bar to 100% in order to win the match.
In the first edition of our Disco Domination guide, we've pulled together all of the information that's currently known about the event. Once the new patch goes live, we'll update it with the usual collection of tips and tricks to help you out.
Disco Domination Overview
First of all, here's the official description for Disco Domination:
”It's time for the ultimate dance-off. Dance Floors have spawned around the Battle Royale island. Take them over by clearing out any enemies and then dancing to raise a disco ball up from the floor. The team that fills their meter the fastest by capturing and defending the dance floors will win the match!”
Here's all of the other information we currently have about this new LTM:
- 100 players will take part in Disco Domination, separated into two teams of fifty.
- Respawning will be active until the third and final storm circle has come into effect.
- There are a total of five dance floors to capture, which spawn on the map whenever the storm is stationary.
- If you use your dance emote on any of these spots - assuming no enemies are nearby - you raise a disco ball on each dance floor. The more friendly teammates you have on each spot, the faster the capture process.
- Having captured a dance floor, your team's dance bar will then start filling up. If an enemy stands on the floor though, the meter will stop filling. When the storm moves, you'll also no longer be able to fill the dance bar.
- The longer the game goes on, the faster your bar will increase for captured dance floors, enabling the team behind to potentially catch up - even against a big lead from the other team.
- You cannot build on dance floors, but you can set up a defensive wall around them to keep enemy players out.
- You can use your glider while falling in Disco Domination. Just press jump while you're falling to activate it.
Disco Domination Tips and Tricks
Here are a few primer tips to help you get up and running with the new mode.
- Whenever you're busting a move with the intention of capturing a point, make sure you've at least erected some defenses. This way you'll have time to react if someone starts peppering you gunfire.
- Try and avoid flying blindly into an enemy infested capture point as it'll likely result in your quick demise. Instead, gang up with a few teammates and approach the situation with a little creativity. Create some cracks in their defenses, pick them off from afar, rain rockets down on their patch or drop down on them from above.
- While it's always a good idea to dance when you're on the point, sometimes it's best to assume a bodyguard role and keep an eye out for any incoming threats.