Our Fortnite Clinger Grenade guide contains everything you need to know about this new weapon, including damage stats, tips and strategy advice.
Fortnite’s relentless update schedule continues, and this time the Clinger Grenade is on the way soon. It’s official description reads, “Stick this explosive to any surface...or player!” so it’s safe to say that we’ll be getting a sticky grenade to play around with in the future.
The Clinger Grenade acts a little differently to its cousin, the Remote Explosive. The latter's a slim device that requires manual detonation, which makes it perfect as a lethal trap to catch enemies off guard. The Clinger Grenade has a bit more heft and acts similarly to normal Grenades, but sticks to surfaces before exploding after a second or two.
Already we can see the Clinger Grenade featuring in plenty of highlight reels as players achieve ridiculous sticks from across the map, and we’re looking forward to slinging it ourselves.
We’re currently working with very limited information, so much of this guide is a work in progress. For now, we’ve put together a brief overview of how it functions, as well as some tentative tips and tricks at the bottom of the page. We'll update this page further in due course - stay tuned!
Clinger Grenade: Overview
Here’s a brief breakdown of everything we know about this new grenade, as well as a bit of speculation on our part too.
- It’s official description reads, “Stick this explosive to any surface...or player!”
- We imagine it’ll work similarly to traditional grenades in the game. Throw them and they’ll explode after a second or two.
- The Clinger Grenade will stick to any surface, including enemy players.
- It's marked as Uncommon in rarity.
- You'll find the Clinger Grenade in Floor Loot, Supply Drops, Supply Llamas and Treasure Chests.
- Explosion Delay once attached to a target - 2.5 seconds.
- Player damage - 100.
- Structure damage - 200.
- Explosion radius - 1 Tile.
- Max Stack Size - 10.
- Pickup Stack Size - 3.
- Cannot explode in the air, but will detonate early if a structure it is attached to is destroyed.
- Manage to stick a player and they’ll almost certainly go down after it explodes.
- We can see the Clinger Grenade being great for destroying enemy forts.
- 1. Season 10 guide - Fortnite: Season 10 guide
- 2. Best Settings - Fortnite: Best Settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keybinds 2019 - Fortnite: Best Keybinds 2019
- 4. System Requirements - Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land Faster - Fortnite: How to land faster
- 6. Champion Series - Fortnite: Champion Series guide (Schedule, Players, Fixtures and Results)
Clinger Grenade Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to get you up and running with the new Clinger Grenade.
Video by CosmosFTW. Skip to 7:28 to see the new Clinger Grenade in action.
- We'd recommend using the Clinger Grenade when you're close to an enemy, more often than not. While normal grenades bounce before exploding, Clinger's don't. Getting up close will increase your accuracy and put pressure on your opponents to get out of the way!
- Following on from the same vein as the last point, throw down the Clinger Grenade at an enemy's feet and try anticipating which direction they'll retreat to. You'll have small window to take control of the fight and deal some initial damage.
- If you know an enemy is after you, quickly stick the Clinger to a wall and wait as they run straight into the explosion.
- We've found the Clinger Grenade particularly handy at destroying certain platforms and creating big holes in fortresses.