Our Fortnite: Battle Royale Battle Pass page contains information on how to level up, get V-Bucks, outfits and other cosmetic rewards throughout Season 7.
Now that Season 7 has swung around with a slew of new changes, getting to grips with all the fresh features can be a nightmare to get your head around. There are over a 100 new tiers filled with cosmetic items, as well as a new Creative Mode to toy around with.
It’s no secret that Fortnite's Battle Pass system isn’t the easiest system to understand, though. It’s tied into so many other systems like experience points, Battle Stars, weekly challenges and on top of all this, you’ll be parting with hard earned cash.
Before buying those V-Bucks it's important you know what you're actually purchasing, so we’ve put together all the information you need to know about Season 7's Battle Pass, what exactly it does and how you can start raking in its benefits.
Below the Season 7 section, we've also put together a general guide on how the overall Battle Pass system works. If you're new to Fortnite, we hope you find this helpful!
We’ll continue updating this guide over time, so do keep this page bookmarked for all the latest updates!
Fortnite Season 7: Battle Pass - What's included?
The Season 7 Battle Pass features over 100 new tiers to unlock. Behind each tier, is a new cosmetic reward, ranging from skins, gliders, pickaxes and more. You'll also gain access to weekly challenges which will help you boost your rank even faster, as well as two new progressive outfits right off the bat: Lynx and Zenith.
For a video overview of the Season 7 Battle Pass, make sure you watch Fortnite's official breakdown just below:
Season 7's Battle Pass costs 950 V-Bucks, which equates to around £8/$10 in real world currency.
You can also purchase the Battle Bundle for a whopping 2,800 V-Bucks which'll grant you early access to the Sgt. Winter skin, as well as 25 tiers unlocked right off the bat.
One major addition to the Battle Pass this year are Wraps.
Wraps are cosmetic items which work like skins for your weapons and vehicles. Equip these in your locker to make your favourite items stand out from the crowd.
Season 7 also introduces "Fortnite Creative" for the first time. It's like a bigger, better version of Fornite's Playground LTM which allowed players to create whatever they wanted on Fortnite's map.
In Creative, players will have access to their own private islands, in which they have total control over what they build and do. You can invite friends in, shoot cinematic videos and just generally mess about.
The changes you make to your island will persist between gameplay sessions, which means you can take a break and pick up from where you left off. We're fully expecting some Minecraft level creations in the future, especially considering Epic Games is going to update this mode over time with even more features!
Here's a look at all the new Season 7 skins - get ready for a good scroll.
For a complete overview of all the new additions in Season 7 like map changes and more, make sure you head on over to our Fortnite: Season 7 guide.
Battle Passes - Basic Overview
Here’s a very basic breakdown of how the Battle Pass works.
- It costs 950 V-Bucks to unlock the Battle Pass, which is roughly $9.
- You’ll earn rewards for the Battle Pass for as long as the current season is active.
- Proceed to play matches and you’ll begin levelling up your Battle Pass.
- The more you level, the more rewards you earn.
- Rewards are all purely cosmetic and don’t impact gameplay. These include: outfits, gliders, pickaxes, emotes and more.
- Rewards aren’t infinite and there’s a maximum level you can reach (70).
Other important things you’ll want to take note of.
- If you want to level faster, you can use V-Bucks at any time to boost your level. Of course, this will cost you extra real world currency.
- If you’ve played the game for a while without a Battle Pass, upon purchase, you’ll be retroactively granted everything you’ve earned up to level 20.
- You can pay 150 V-Bucks to increase your season tier by 1. As opposed to buying a fresh Battle Pass when the next season swings around and paying more.
How to level up your Battle Pass
To avoid any confusion from the get-go, here’s the overall setup when levelling up your Battle Pass.
- Play matches and complete daily challenges to earn experience points (XP).
- This XP levels you up. Every time you level up, you get Battle Stars.
- Think of Battle Stars as the XP for levelling up your Battle Pass.
- The more Battle Stars you earn, the more you earn from your Battle Pass.
How to earn experience points
There are a number of different ways you earn XP in Fortnite: Battle Royale and you’ll garner it gradually as you play the game. If you’re looking to get as much as possible per match though, there’s a few ways to increase your earnings.
- Surviving for longer in matches.
- Getting kills.
- Emerging as the victor.
- Reaching a certain milestone on your Battle Pass will give you an XP bonus modifier. (we’ll explain this further down below).
What are Weekly Challenges?
On top of gathering experience points with each game, you can also give your XP earnings a big boost by completing Weekly Challenges. These are rotating tasks which challenge you to play in a certain way, like earning eliminations with a specific weapon or even seeking out vehicles to perform tricks with. Weekly Challenges persist throughout the season, meaning you can choose to ignore them, or take them on at any time. Sometimes you might even complete a few without even meaning to, which makes it a lovely no pressure scenario.
For a comprehensive look at all of Fortnite: BR’s challenges, take a look at our Weekly Challenges guide!
How to get Battle Stars
As we’ve said in our ‘Basic Overview’ above, Battle Stars are obtained when you level up in game. So, simply playing the game will reward you with a steady trickle of Battle Stars, but there are also some bonuses involved too.
- Every time you level up in a season, you’ll be granted one Battle Star.
- Every five levels, you’ll earn five bonus Battle Stars.
- Every ten levels, you’ll earn ten bonus Battle Stars.
- At a certain tier in the Battle Pass, you’ll unlock an XP Boost which speeds up your rise through the seasonal ranks, which in turn increases the rate at which you earn Battle Stars.
Tired of the grind? Our Levelling guide will help you climb those ranks even faster!
How to purchase the Battle Pass
If you want to get hold of this season's Battle Pass all you have to do is head in game, select the 'Battle Pass' tab, click 'Purchase' and follow the instructions.
In future Epic have confirmed that you'll be able to purchase Battle Passes directly with real world currency, rather than having to purchase V-Bucks initially.
Check out our how to get V-Bucks for free page if you're thinking about purchasing this season's Battle Pass at a reduced cost!
- 1. Season 10 guide - Fortnite: Season 10 guide
- 2. Best Settings - Fortnite: Best Settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keybinds 2019 - Fortnite: Best Keybinds 2019
- 4. System Requirements - Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land Faster - Fortnite: How to land faster
- 6. Champion Series - Fortnite: Champion Series guide (Schedule, Players, Fixtures and Results)
What rewards can I earn from a Battle Pass?
As you gain XP, gather Battle Stars and climb the Battle Pass tiers, you’ll be rewarded with all sorts of cosmetic goodies. These are seasonal offerings that’ll refresh whenever each season comes to a close.
Here’s a peek at all the offerings you’ll be able to earn.
- XP Boosts and Friend XP Boosts.
- Emoticons, Emotes and Banners.
- Outfits, Gliders, Pickaxes, Pets, Toys and many more.
If you want to see all the outfits currently available in game, make sure you check out our free and premium outfits guide!