Our Fortnite: Battle Royale Season 3 Battle Pass guide contains everything you need to know about its start and end dates, costs and rewards.
Season 3 of Battle Royale is in full swing and it can be a pretty confusing place to start off if you're relatively new to the game. To help you out, we wanted to put together a quick guide that'll take you through what's new in the hefty update and how it all works.
There are many exciting unlocks in Season 3 of Fortnite: Battle Royale and the Battle Pass has been completely upgraded with even more rewards in mind. As you play, you'll unlock all sorts of brand new cosmetic items, grind through ranks and go about completing tasks from the reworked Challenge system. In short, there are greater incentives for levelling and adopting different playstyles - it's all about grabbing those sweet, sweet rewards.
Here's everything you need to know about Season 3 of Fortnite: Battle Royale, and if you're after Epic's FAQ section, make sure you check out its official blog post.
Editor's Note - We've updated this article with all of the Week 5 Challenges that have just been added to the game. You'll find them right at the bottom of this article, but if you need any help finishing them, just jump straight over to our Fortnite: Week 5 Challenges guide - we've got tips for wrapping up the lot of them!
When does Season 3 of Fortnite Battle Royale start and end?
Season 3 begins 22nd February 2018 and runs up until 30th April 2018.
While the Battle Pass rewards will likely stay fixed, this doesn't mean that over the next couple of months there won't be some other unique or exclusive rewards on offer! Of course, we'll make sure to update this guide with all the latest goodies.
How much will the Season 3 Battle Pass cost?
Season 3's Battle Pass costs 950 V-Bucks to purchase. This is a change from Epic Games' original position, which was that future passes would only be available to purchase using real-world money, rather than V-Bucks picked up in game.
It's good news for free to play gamers with little real-world money to spend on the game, but if you're short on the currency then you might want to check out our guide to getting more free V-Bucks in Fortnite: Battle Royale. That article contains all the latest known methods for grabbing them.
Note also that there is no cash option for buying the Season 3 Battle Pass this time around. You must do it using the V-Bucks currency, although it goes without saying that you can buy bundles of these credits from the in-game shop using your credit or debit card (expect to pay around $10 USD for the priviledge).
Season 3 Battle Pass will be 950 V-Bucks. We will not be offering the Season 3 Battle Pass as a real money purchase. Spread the word!Fortnite (@FortniteGame) 14 February 2018
More Fortnite: Battle Royale guides
- 1. Main Guide - Fortnite: Battle Royale guide
- 2. V-Bucks - Fortnite: BR - How to get V-Bucks for free
- 3. Best Settings - Fortnite: BR - Settings guide for best performance
- 4. System Requirements - Fortnite: BR - System requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Battlepass Guide - Fortnite: BR - Battle Pass guide
How do you purchase the Battle Pass?
If you're unfamiliar with the game, it can be a little difficult to navigate the main menu and figure out which bits to click in order to get hold of the Battle Pass.
Here's a step by step guide to purchasing Season 3's Battle Pass.
- Login to the game.
- From the main menu screen, click the Battle Pass tab at the top.
- Select "Purchase" towards the bottom left of the screen.
- Now you've got to choose from the 950 V-Bucks "Battle Pass" or the 2,800 V-Bucks "Battle Bundle". If you're after the standard Battle Pass, select the former option. If you want 25 tiers unlocked instantly, select the latter.
- Next you'll be prompted to "Get V-Bucks". Select this and choose how many you want to purchase using real world currency.
- Select an option, click "Purchase" and you'll be redirected to a payment screen. Select your payment method and complete the process.
- The V-Bucks will appear in your account instantly. It's at this point you'll be able to unlock the Battle Pass!
What rewards are there for the Season 3 Battle Pass?
New Tiers, Bundles and Cosmetic Rewards
When you purchase the Season 3 Battle pass, you'll instantly unlock a batch of great in-game rewards including the new Mission Specialist Outfit. As you play during the season, you'll unlock a series of reward tiers.
With Season 3's Battle Pass there are now 30 more rewards tiers to unlock, bringing the total from last season's 70, all the way up to 100 in total.
Even though Epic's introduced another 30 tiers, it'll still take the same amount of time to complete the Season 3 Battle Pass as Season 2's. If you've not got the time, you can still purchase tiers for 150 V-Bucks each or buy the Battle Bundle for 2800 V-Bucks which will immediately unlock +25 tiers at a 40% discount.
If you're after a closer look at all the new Outfits, Pickaxes and Gliders that comes with Season 3's Battle Pass then have a glance at the gallery we've posted below.
What rewards do you get straight away?
Upon purchasing Season 3's Battle Pass, you'll be granted three free items straight away.
Here are all the free items you'll earn once you've bought the Battle Pass.
- Mission Specialist Outfit.
- 50% XP Boost.
- 10% XP Friend Boost.
New Weekly Challenges
You can now tier up even faster by completing the new Weekly Challenges. Each week a new set of seven challenges will unlock, replacing Season 2's challenge system.
Instead, Weekly Challenges stack and can be completed any time before the season ends. Buy a pass mid-season and you'll still have access to all of the previous Weekly Challenges.
You can complete four out of the seven Weekly Challenges to unlock your rewards, so it's best if you choose the challenges that best suit your style of play!
All Weekly Challenges
Here's a list of all the challenges we've covered in detail so far. Simply click on each link for in-depth advice on getting them done quickly!
- Use a Launchpad (5 Battle Stars)
- Deal damage with Assault Rifles to opponents (5 Battle Stars)
- Search in Wailing Woods (5 Battle Stars)
- Dance in different forbidden locations (5 Battle Stars)
- Search between a Pool, Windmill and an Umbrella (10 Battle Stars)
- SMG Eliminations (10 Battle Stars)
- Eliminate opponents in Greasy Grove (10 Battle Stars)
- Harvest building resources with a pickaxe (5 Battle Stars)
- Deal damage with Suppressed Weapons to opponents (5 Battle Stars)
- Search Chests in Junk Junction (5 Battle Stars)
- Land on different Bullseyes (5 Battle Stars)
- Follow the treasure map found in Snobby Shores (10 Battle Stars)
- Crossbow Eliminations (10 Battle Stars)
- Eliminate Opponents in Salty Springs (10 Battle Stars)
- Deal damage with Sniper Rifles to opponents (5 Battle Stars)
- Search Supply Drops (5 Battle Stars)
- Search Chests in Flush Factory (5 Battle Stars)
- Visit different Ice Cream Trucks (5 Battle Stars)
- Search between a Vehicle Tower, Rock Sculpture, and a Circle of Hedges (10 Battle Stars)
- Trap Eliminations (10 Battle Stars)
- Eliminate Opponents in Tomato Town (10 Battle Stars)
- Use the Bush (0/1). 5 Battle Points
- Search Chests in Moisty Mire (0/7). 5 Battle Points
- Deal damage with a Pickaxe to opponents (0/200). 5 Battle Points
- Visit different Gas Stations in a single match (0/3). 5 Battle Points
- Follow the treasure map found in Anarch Acres - HARD (0/1). 10 Battle Points
- Pistol Eliminations - HARD (0/3). 10 Battle Points
- Eliminate opponents in Tilted Towers - HARD (0/3). 10 Battle Points