This page explains how to sign up and play Fortnite Battle Royale on iOS and Android, and receive friend invite codes for the Invite Event.
Not content with conquering PCs, PlayStation 4s and Xbox Ones around the world, Epic Games is now turning its attention to dominating the mobile market with Fortnite: Battle Royale. The news was announced in a blog post at the end of last week, and the internet predictably reacted. Who knows what another way to play the game will do to work and school productivity in the coming months...
What to expect when you can the game on your mobile though? Well, the mobile version of Fortnite: Battle Royale will replicate the existing game entirely, and will feature the same 100-player chaos you've come to enjoy from the current PC and console version. You can expect the same map, with the same content on it and the same weekly updates that the other versions of Fortnite receive. There'll even be cross-play support between the PlayStation 4, Xbox, PC and mobile platforms.
How do you actually sign up for Fortnite on iOS and Android, download the game and play it though? Well, beginning on Monday 12th March 2018 you'll be able to register for Epic's Invite Event, which itself is due to commence in a few months from now. Clearly they're confident the game is in it for the long-haul and don't mind players waiting a bit to get stuck in.
In the rest of this article, we've got a complete breakdown of how to register your interest in playing Battle Royale on mobile, and it will be updated considerably as we learn more ourselves. Let us know if you're having any problems in the comments and we'll do our best to help you out with the process.
UPDATE - 12th MARCH 2018
Sign-ups for the mobile version of Fortnite: Battle Royale are now live! Simply use the instructions listed below to register for interest, and fingers crossed you get lucky. If you're not accepted into the first batch of players, your details will be retained by Epic and new invites will be issued on a rolling basis. Be wary of phishing scams as they will be rampant around this time!
How to sign-up for Battle Royale on iOS and Android
The sign-up process is actually pretty simple and we've outlined it below:
- From Monday 12th March, head to www.Fortnite.com and look for the sign-up button for the Invite Event on iOS.
- Once you've done so, you'll join a list of applicants that Epic will contact in time.
- When you hear from Epic, the publisher will provide you with a link that will allow you to download the mobile client from the App Store.
- You may not be invited immediately as Epic will gradually bring people in. Be wary of following any links that don't come directly from Epic.
- Those who receive invites will also get additional invite codes that can be shared with friends.
- In order to actually play Battle Royale on mobiles, you'll need an internet connection, as well as iOS11 on either an iPhone 6S/SE and up, iPad Mini 4, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 or an iPad 2017.
- Although the game will be coming to Android devices, Epic has not yet confirmed the sign-up process for this platform. We'll update this article as soon as we know more.
That's it for the second edition of our Battle Royale mobile guide. We've covered the sign-up process, and will be back with more once the event is actually under way.