Our Fortnite: Battle Royale How to land faster guide contains quick landing tips and tricks to help you achieve a faster start on the competition.
The faster the start you get in Fortnite: Battle Royale, the better your chances of winning that all-important Victory Royale. It might not seem like a big difference, but getting down on the ground ahead of the pack and gearing up faster than the competition gives a definite advantage.
When we first started playing the game, we really couldn't work out just how all those other players were managing to get on the ground at least 10 seconds before we did - and while targeting the exact same zone as well.
The method for landing quickly is never explicitly explained in Fortnite, and so it's a technique that will lie agonisingly out of reach unless someone tells you how to do it. Fortunately, that's exactly what this article is here to do for you.
If you want to know how to land quickly in Fortnite, read on. We've got a simple step by step guide to marking your target landing spot, then getting out of that bus and putting boots on ground as quickly as the game's mechanics allow for.
Make sure you visit our core Fortnite: Battle Royale Guide hub when you're done here. It contains everything you need to know about the game, including tips and tactics to help you on your way to more Victory Royales.
We've broken down the steps for you further down the page, but for a visual guide to landing faster in Fortnite watch the video below:
How to get a quick landing
Here’s how to land faster and get the loot before everyone else in Fortnite.
- Choose the location you want to drop in, but whatever you do don't jump from the bus directly above it!
- Instead, you'll need to do some forward planning and dive bomb into an area that's fairly close by, so you can glide into your chosen location. What's absolutely essential if you want a quick landing is that you avoid any hills, mounds or elevated terrain, as this'll cause your parachute to deploy much earlier than you'd like.
- The game automatically deploys your parachute once it detects that you're close to hitting solid ground, so ideally you want to aim for patches of land that are at as low an altitude as possible.
- The plan here is to deploy your parachute so you’re initially close to the ground, and then glide towards your destination, as opposed to floating slowing downwards over your target.
- You’ll get better at judging how far away you need to jump off the Battle Bus initially in order to get to various locations around the map, but keep practicing and you’ll get the hang of it.
- So in summary: Pick a location, jump off and dive bomb into an area nearby that's at a low altitude, and glide into your destination. That'll help you get off to the kind of quick landing that keeps you ahead of the pack - and looting first.
Some things which need clearing up.
- Different Gliders don't make you drop faster.
- Umbrellas do not give you any advantages. They function just the same as normal Gliders.
- You cannot upgrade Gliders.
- Dropping straight over your target and holding down forwards isn't faster - it's actually far slower.