This Fortnite: Battle Royale page outlines the download size and how to install the game on PS4, Xbox One, PC or Mac.
Since Epic Games introduced a Battle Royale mode to their PVE shooter Fortnite, hte game has absolutely exploded in popularity, and it's not hard to see why. The game's a serious blast to play whether you're on your own or teaming up with a squad of friends. It's gradually taking over the world and it shows no signs of slowing down any time soon.
If you're itching to get involved and want to find out the download sizr and installation process so you can get playing with your friends, then you've come to the right place. We've got everything you need to know about getting up and running with the game.
Below we’ve started with approximate download sizes for all systems (in case you need to clear out any free space), and then just below this section you’ll find details on how to find and install the game itself.
When you're done here, make sure you check out our enormous Fortnight: Battle Royale guide!
Editor's Note: We've tweaked the download size section just below to accommodate the new map update and the effect it's had on Fortnite's game file size. As time goes by we'll continue updating this page, so stay tuned for the latest info!
Download size: PS4, Xbox One and PC/Mac
Here’s a list of approximate download sizes for every system.*
- PS4 - 7.471gb
- Xbox One - 16.82gb
- PC/Mac - 19.76gb
*As it’s an ever-changing game with frequent updates and patches, these numbers are likely to increase as time goes by. Having said that, with the first major map update the game's file size decreased by a good 2GB on both our PC and PS4. It's highly likely this is the case with Xbox One versions of the game too, and it's all thanks to increased optimisation fixes that make things run even more smoothly.
How to find, download and install Fortnite: Battle Royale
Below we’ll take you through the process of how to get the game installed on your system.
- On your main menu screen, go to the PS Store.
- Type ‘Fort’ into the search bar and click on Fortnite: Battle Royale when it appears in the suggestions box to the right.
- Once you land on the official page, simply click the download button and your PS4 will do the rest.
- You can check the progress of your download by clicking the notifications icon in the main menu.
More Fortnite: Battle Royale guides
- 1. Main Guide - Fortnite: Battle Royale guide
- 2. V-Bucks - Fortnite: BR - How to get V-Bucks for free
- 3. Best Settings - Fortnite: BR - Settings guide for best performance
- 4. System Requirements - Fortnite: BR - System requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Battlepass Guide - Fortnite: BR - Battle Pass guide
- On your home page, navigate to the search bar and type in ‘Fortnite’.
- The suggestions bar at the top of the screen will now suggest a load of Fornite games. You want the one titled ‘Fortnite: Battle Royale’, not ‘Fortnite: Battle Royale Standard’ or ‘Deluxe’.
- Simply click install and your Xbox will get the game downloaded, installed and ready to play!
- Go to https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/buy-now/battle-royale
- On this page, click the bottom left ‘Download’ link.
- At this point you’ll need to create an account with Epic Games or sign in with one of your existing social media accounts.
- Once you’ve gone through verification, download the Epic Games Launcher.
- Open it up, login with your account and navigate to the Fortnite tab.
- Click install and you’ll be good to go.