Epic has teamed up with Twitch and Amazon Prime to create a series of exclusive packs. These contain Twitch-themed skins, weapons, emotes and more.
If you've never dabbled in Amazon Prime though, or even watched a Twitch stream, then it can seem like a rather complicated thing to set up.
To help you out with the process, we've put together a guide that walks you through the whole thing. It answers all the questions you'll likely have, and strips all the hassle out of setting things up.
After reading this article, you'll understand:
- How to unlock Twitch Prime items in Fortnite
- What's in the Fortnite Twitch Prime packs
What's in the Twitch Prime Packs?
If you're uncertain what exclusive goodies you can earn, here's a simple breakdown.
- Instigator Pickaxe
- Havoc Outift and Back Bling
- Sub Commander Outfit and Slipstream Glider
- Save the World Heroes: Havoc and Sub Commando
- 4 Twitch Chat Emotes: #1, Bush, Llama and Skull.
- Trailblazer Outfit
- True North Back Bling
- Tenderizer Pickaze
- Freestylin' Emote
How to get the Twitch Prime items
In this next section we explain how to actually get your Fortnite Twitch Prime items.
What is Twitch Prime?
If you have an existing Amazon Prime membership, then you have Twitch Prime. As part of Twitch Prime you can unlock some awesome free loot as a subscriber.
It's worth noting that Amazon Prime comes at a cost. You'll have to get set up with them first before you can continue.
You'll need to create an account and pay for a subscription, but we reckon it's well worth the money.
Next you'll also need to create a Twitch account if you don't already have one. It's completely free and won't take too long at all.
If you've got both an Amazon Prime and a Twitch account, then you'll be good to go!
How do I get Twitch Prime?
Head over to your Twitch account, go to your settings, and hit the Twitch Prime tab. Now follow the instructions.
It's essential that you link your Twitch account to your Epic account to complete the redemption process. Simply linking Amazon Prime to your Twitch account won't work.
I see the word free, but it still costs money?
Yes, a Twitch Prime subscription is free with an Amazon Prime membership. Note that an Amazon Prime membership does cost money.
Do I get to keep the stuff?
Yup! And once claimed you’ll be able to glide into a match with your new Twitch Prime rewards.
How long will I have to claim the goods?
No time limit for the new items has been confirmed by Twitch or Epic. As soon as we have more details we'll let you know.
Keep in mind that Pack 1 became unavailable to download around one week before the launch of Pack 2.
- 1. Season 10 guide - Fortnite: Season 10 guide
- 2. Best Settings - Fortnite: Best Settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keybinds 2019 - Fortnite: Best Keybinds 2019
- 4. System Requirements - Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land Faster - Fortnite: How to land faster
- 6. Champion Series - Fortnite: Champion Series guide (Schedule, Players, Fixtures and Results)
Can I redeem on my PC and use it when I play on PS4?
Yes, but only if you linked your Epic account with your PS4 account first. Then you will receive the items on both platforms.
I've completed all the steps above but not received the skins?!
Not to worry, just be patient. It may take some time for the Twitch Prime pack to appear in game.
Epic has an official server status page. It's definitely worth checking out if you're unsure why the rewards aren't showing up in your locker.
Extra helpful information
Here's a list of important things to bear in mind when you're trying to get hold of the Twitch Prime Pack.
- If you play on console, don't create a new account, just log in with your PSN or XBL credentials.
- If you play on PC, don't try to cross-play by linking to Xbox.
- If you play on PC and want to play on PS4 (but haven't played on console before), make sure you log in on PS4 using your Epic credentials. Do NOT create a new account and do NOT skip the Epic Login.
- If you play on PC and PS4 on different accounts then those are both their own accounts and you cannot link them. You will have to choose which one you want to redeem the Twitch Prime offer on.