Our Fortnite: Battle Royale best loot guide page contains a list of the best items and weapons you can get in the game.
When it comes down to the crunch, having a strong item loadout will give you a far greater chance of outlasting the competition in Fortnite: Battle Royale. Having access to an abundance of healing items, and the luxury of swapping between an array of powerful weapons gives you more options to defeat enemies or narrowly escape otherwise certain-death situations.
If you're new to Fortnite, the slew of weapons and armour options can be pretty overwhelming. There are even utility items that spring forts from the ground or make opponents dance, and it's a case of figuring out if these tools are worth slotting into your inventory or not which can be the real challenge at hand.
To help you get a better grasp of the loot drops that you’ll want in your arsenal, we’ve put together a list of all the best items and weapons in the game. By no means is this a definitive list, but it’s definitely going to give you a good idea of what’s strong in the meta at the moment.
Editor's UPDATE #4: We've slotted in some extra items to both our healing and weapons sections!
Here’s a list of the best items and weapons you can get hold of in Fortnite: BR.
- Apples - While one Apple only heals 5 HP, we wouldn't underestimate the potential of these things. If you're even in need of a lick of healing, chowing down on a bunch of these can restore a surprising amount of health. What's more, they won't take up a slot in your inventory!
- Bandages - Don’t underestimate the importance of having a few bandages in tow. Each one heals you for 15 points, and this can go a long way when you’ve got some time to patch yourself up without wasting a Med Kit.
- Med Kit - Having one of these in your inventory gives you a free pass to get involved in fights and heal back up to maximum no matter what happens.
- Shield Potions - Keeping your armour topped up can save your life, and even give you a chance to turn the tables on opponents who are forced to fire a few extra bullets to topple you. You'll want to stock up on the Small Shield Potions if you have a surplus, while Large Shield Potions don't stack so should - more often than not - be used instantly to bring your armour up to max.
- Slurp Juice - This bottle of juice grants you 25 health and armour points, meaning it’s perfect for popping before or after a fight.
- Chug Jug - Drinking this keg restores all your health and armour, but it'll take you 15 seconds to do so. If you've got the time and safety to neck it back, you'll be straight back in the game.
- Launch Pad - These are fairly hard to come by, but if you get one, it could mean the difference between winning or losing. Jumping on one of these launches you into the air so you can deploy your parachute and quickly reposition. Fantastic for escaping hairy situations or catching enemies off guard.
- Trap - If an opponent with no shields runs into one of your Traps they'll be eliminated instantly. They're extremely strong and pretty difficult to see, so make sure you use them!
- Port-a-Fort - Throw this grenade on the floor and it'll erect an enormous fort in an instant. It's fantastic for creating a quick defensive position when you're under fire.
For a complete overview of all the consumable items in the game, head over to our Fornite: Battle Royale item list!
Video by Ninja
More Fortnite: Battle Royale guides
Weapons and Grenades
- Bolt Action Sniper - If there’s one weapon you’ll want to master - this is absolutely it. You’ll be able to spot enemies from a distance, take out targets from range, and command a fixed position with ease.
- Burst Assault Rifle - Introduced with patch V.4.2, this weapon is exceptionally strong in the right hands due to its immense accuracy. It's a real upgrade over the normal Burst Rifle, providing more bite with every bullet.
- Hunting Rifle - Lack of scope makes this weapon a little tougher to use at long range, but makes it more forgiving for players who want a powerful mid-range rifle that's capable of downing enemies in a single hit. This is a versatile rifle that we're huge fans of.
- SCAR - Easily the best all-rounder in the game. It does considerable damage and it’s easy to control at just about every engagement range. While it doesn’t fulfil a special role, it does what every other assault does, but better.
- Pump Shotgun - Fortnite’s filled with close-range fights and landing shots with this weapon can put an end to them very quickly. Despite the fact you’ve got to reload between every shot, it’s obscenely powerful and surprisingly accurate. A must-have weapon for pretty much every stage of any given match.
- Tactical Shotgun - Compensating for its lower damage with a higher fire rate, the Tactical Shotgun is fantastic at dealing with close range targets in a hectic fight. It'll take longer to down someone than the Pump, but it's definitely easier to use and still as deadly in the right hands.
- Tactical SMG - A brilliant alternative to the Pump Shotgun, the Tactical SMG is capable of shredding targets up close. Simply hold down the trigger and their health bar will deplete to nothing in a matter of seconds.
- Rocket Launcher - Capable of destroying forts from a distance and blowing enemies to pieces in one explosion, the Rocket Launcher is a fantastic tool for disrupting opponents.
- Minigun - The most powerful Submachine Gun in the game is a niche pick, but we'd say it's a great alternative to the Rocket Launcher when it comes to destroying forts and structures. Just bear in mind that your movement speed slows to a crawl when spewing bullets, so make sure you're ready to swap to another weapon if circumstances change!
- Boogie Bomb - Throw this down at someone's feet and they'll start busting a move whether they like it or not. As silly as it may sound, it's incredibly effective if you need to stall fights that aren't going your way, or to gain the immediate advantage over an unsuspecting enemy.
- Impulse Grenade - Emitting a wave of energy that propels you into the air upon exploding, the Impulse Grenade is a must-have item for advanced players who want to outmaneuver their opponents or blast them out of their forts. If you're confident enough to use them, they can make the difference between a win and a loss - oh, and they're great for the highlight reel too.