Our Fortnite Balloons guide contains everything you need to know about Balloons, including details on how they work, where you can find them and more.
Among that many ways of getting around in Fortnite: Battle Royale, we didn’t expect Balloons to join the roster. Having released just after Halloween, it’s almost certainly a nod to IT, but one that’s far less spooky from the outset. Albeit, you can now float up behind enemies for a quick backstab...
Balloons are surprisingly versatile, meaning a teammate can equip them while you’re both on a vehicle and send it floating into the sky. Of course, you can use them to silently scale a building or break your fall if plummeting from a height.
Below we’ll take you through how balloons work, where you can find them and offer some ideas on how to use them too.
Balloons: Quick Overview
- Epic rarity
- Comes with 20 deployable balloons.
- Allows the player to defy gravity by holding up to 6 balloons at a time.
- Primary fire button to inflate a balloon, secondary fire button to let go of a balloon.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, Supply Llamas, and Vending Machines.
- NOTE: Don’t float too high for too long, balloons only last so long at max build height.
Tips and Tricks
- Remember that you can add and let go of balloons to increase the speed at which you float upwards, or to kickstart a steady descent.
- Balloons are the only silent methods of getting around in Fortnite: Battle Royale, so they’re particularly potent when sneaking up on enemy forts or infiltrating buildings.
- We wouldn’t recommend using balloons as a gap closer, or if the enemy can clearly see you charging at them. The Grappler’s a better choice for engagements where the enemy is aware of your position as it’s faster and less predictable.
- If you think an enemy is about to emerge for a building, you could use balloons to hang in the sky and survey the area. Once they’ve emerged, quickly descend and take them out for an aerial surprise.
- Remember - don’t float for too long. They will only last so long at max build height, so don't get carried away!
- You can shoot enemy balloons, so if they're up high, send them tumbling from the sky.