Our Fortnite Android guide contains everything you need to know about Fortnite Android, including how to download and install the game on your Android Device.
Ever since Epic decided to slap a Battle Royale mode onto its existing PVE sandbox survival game Fortnite, it’s completely taken the world by storm. The game’s playerbase on PC, Xbox One and PS4 is through the roof and Epic hasn’t wasted any time in pushing the game into the mobile market.
Good news for fans of Fortnite interested in grabbing the game for their mobile devices - it’s the same experience that you’ve been enjoying on traditional platforms already. You’re still fighting against 99 other players, you’ve still got the option to play in duos and squads, the map is identical, the weapons and items are all the same, and you get the same meaty updates every week as well. You get the gist.
So, how do you go about getting Fortnite on Android? To help you get up and running, we’ve put together a guide on everything we know so far about its release date and sign up process.
How to download and install Fortnite on Android
Here’s how to get Fortnite on your Android device now that the beta's been extended to everyone.
- Fortnite Android doesn't require a special invite or require you to purchase a special device.
- Simply head on over to fortnite.com/android on your Android device and click through to the main landing page. It's here where you can confirm if your device is compatible.
- Next, you'll need to tweak a few settings within your device to enable downloads and purchases external to the Google Store. Go to your Phone's Settings page, Security, then set the Unknown Sources to Enable.
- Once all of the steps above are complete, simply click the big yellow download button to get the game on your device!
- 1. Season 10 guide - Fortnite: Season 10 guide
- 2. Best Settings - Fortnite: Best Settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keybinds 2019 - Fortnite: Best Keybinds 2019
- 4. System Requirements - Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land Faster - Fortnite: How to land faster
- 6. Champion Series - Fortnite: Champion Series guide (Schedule, Players, Fixtures and Results)
How to download and install Fortnite on iOS
Below we’ll walk you through how to get Fortnite on iOS devices for those of you who simply can’t wait to get stuck into games on the go.
First, you’ll have to own one of a few select Apple devices.
- iPhone 6S/SE or above.
- iPad Mini 4/ Pro/ Air 2 or above.
- All devices must be running iOS 11.
Here’s how to download and install the game on your iOS device.
- Simply find the game on the App Store.
- Download it and a shortcut will appear on your device.
- Run the application and you’ll be prompted to login with your Epic Games Account.
- From here on out, you’ll be able to play the game!
That’s it for the second iteration of our Fortnite Android guide, but we’ll update this page as soon as Epic release some more information. Stay tuned for more very soon!