Dota Auto Chess’ latest update has been confirmed over in the Dota Auto Chess: Change Notes board and it's a big one, adding three new heroes, a few reworks and a whole host of stat changes.
Players can now purchase Mirana (3-cost Elf Hunter), Death Prophet (5-cost Undead Warlock) and Riki (3-cost Satyr Assassin) in-game. Riki’s arguably the most exciting addition, as they’re the first of a new race, the Satyr.
This means a brand new race synergy has been introduced to Auto Chess. The Satyrs prevent enemy players from seeing what you’ve got on the board, which is perfect for masking your activities and keeping your opponents on their toes.
Here’s a quick breakdown of all the new heroes and their abilities:
- Sacred Arrow - “Fires a long-range arrow with deadly precision to an enemy chess in another chessboard currently under attack/defense from friendly chesses, dealing damage and stunning the target. Damage and stun duration increase with range.”
- Smoke Screen - “Throws down a smoke bomb at Riki’s current position, silencing enemies within 2 grids and causing them to miss some of their attacks.”
- Exorcism - “Unleashes evil spirits to drain the life of nearby enemy chesses. At the end of the spell’s duration, Death Prophet is healed in proportion to the damage dealt.”
Other notable highlights in the patch notes include reworks to Slark and Alchemist.
Slark’s Shadow Dance ability has been replaced with Pounce, which should stop him from being a self-healing menace. Instead of becoming invulnerable for a short period while healing and attacking at the same time, he now leaps forward toward an enemy piece, deals damage and disarms the victim.
Alchemist’s Acid Spray ability has been replaced with Chemical Rage, which reduces base attack cooldown and increases movement speed, and regeneration.
Finally, here are the official patch notes in their entirety:
Full Patch Notes
- New chess pieces added: Riki (3 cost, Satyr Assassin), Mirana (3 cost, Elf Hunter), Death Prophet (5 cost, Undead Warlock)
- New and reworked species / class combos: Satyr: Concealment, (9) Elf: Evasion, (9) Assassin: Coup de Grace.
- Reworked Slark: Replaced Shadow Dance with Pounce. Reduced cost from 3 to 2.
- Reworked Alchemist: Replaced Acid Spray with Chemical Rage. Decreased attack rate by 0.3.
- Decreased Horror (Undead combo) armor reduction from -5/-7 to -4/-6.
- Decreased Hunter's Pack (Hunter combo) bonus attack damage from +30%/+30% to +25%/+25%.
- Increased Power of the Wild (Beast combo) bonus attack damage from +10%/+15%/+20% to +15%/+20%/+25%.
- Balanced Scale Armor (Naga combo) bonus magic resistance from +20%/+40% to +30%/+30%.
- Decreased Battle Hardened (Orc combo) bonus HP from +250/+350 to +200/+300.
- Decreased Razor's Plasma Plasma field AoE from 400/500/600 to 400/450/500.
- Decreased Beast Master's base attack rate by 0.2.
- Improved Lina's base attack rate by 0.3.
- Decreased Lina's Laguna Blade cool down from 13/10/7 sec to 10/8/6 sec.
- Increased Witch Doctor's Paralyzing Cask number of bounces by 1.
- Increased Tinker's Heat Seeking Missile damage by 50 per missile, balanced cool down from 7/6/5 sec to 8/6/4 sec.
- Decreased Disruptor's Static Storm maximum damage from 100/200/300 to 100/150/200.
- Reworked appearance for Phantom Assassin ★★★. Now she SEEMS to have more criticals.
- Reworked cosmetic appearance for Lycan ★★★.
- Reworked cosmetic appearance for Enigma ★★★.
- Added two Immortal items for Axe ★★★. The son is always guaranteed extra sweets.
- Early Termination: During the first 2 turns after a game starts, you can use a button at lower right hand side to propose an early end of the game. The game will automatically end if more than half of the players have either suggested, failed, or disconnected.
- Added total gold involved in the game display in Game Over panel, and a report button. (Only for reporting hacks, cheating or misuse of proper language. Please do not abuse the function for losing a game or having a bad luck.)
- You can no longer give items to chess pieces during the cheering stage after winning a turn, to prevent bugs from causing the game to be crashed or your items being mysteriously vanished.
- Other languages coming soon