This Dota Auto Chess article explains how the XP system works, and how you can get more XP to increase your level.
Levelling up your profile and earning more XP is crucial to employing your chosen strategy in Dota's Auto Chess custom mode.
The higher your level in-game, the more chess units - or pieces - you'll be able to field onto the board. This means you'll be able to make better use of the pieces you've been investing in and increase your unit synergy to outplay your opponents.
However, it's not immediately obvious how the levelling system in Auto Chess works. You may have noticed you level up naturally after completing a certain number of rounds, but did you know you could spend currency to accelerate this process? Nope, we didn't know this for a long, long while.
In this article we explain how you level up in Auto Chess, and how you can go about accelerating your XP gains so you can get more units on the board, faster than the opposition.
If there's anything you think we've missed - or if you have any questions - don't hesitate to let us know in the comments section below and we'll do our best to help you out.
Essential Auto Chess Coverage
- Auto Chess Guide - How to get started with the game mode
- Auto Chess Tier List - A work in progress evaluation of the strongest units
- Auto Chess Starting Strategies - Tried and tested opening gambits
- Auto Chess Upgrades - Upgrading and combining chess pieces over time
- Auto Chess Levelling - How levelling and XP works in Dota Auto Chess
- Auto Chess Free Candy - How to earn Candy and what you can spend it on
- Auto Chess Gold - How to make more gold and spend it efficiently
- Auto Chess Item List - All the in-game items, with stats and combinations
- Auto Chess Ranks - How the ranking system works in Dota Auto Chess
- Auto Chess Download / Install - Setting up for Auto Chess
How levels work in Dota Auto Chess
As you gain experience points (XP) in Auto Chess, your level will increase at certain thresholds.
The number of pieces you can field onto the board is tied directly to your current level. The higher your level, then, the more units you can have out on the board to assist with your strategy and snowball your threat.
Here's a helpful list that explains as a snapshot how much XP you need in order to reach each levelling milestone:
- Level 1 - Default
- Level 2 - 1 XP
- Level 3 - 1 XP
- Level 4 - 2 XP
- Level 5 - 4 XP
- Level 6 - 8 XP
- Level 7 - 16 XP
- Level 8 - 24 XP
- Level 9 - 32 XP
- Level 10 - 40 XP
As you can see from the list above, the more units you want to be able to field as each match plays out, the more XP you're going to need in order to hit the new threshold.
In the next section, we'll outlined all of the methods that exist for gaining XP in Dota Auto Chess.
How do I get more XP in Dota Auto Chess?
There are only two methods for gaining more XP in Auto Chess:
- Automatic: At the beginning of each round you'll automatically be granted a single extra point of XP.
- Purchasing: If you've a surplus of gold and have a greater need to increase your active units, rather than purchase more of them from the selection pool, you can dip into your reserves. You can buy an extra 4 XP for 5 gold at any time.
This ability to purchase XP with gold might seem difficult when you look at your starting funds, but as you narrow down your strategy and start banking the pieces you need, you should find it quite easy to boost your XP significantly using excess gold.