Bungie has announced the official PC system requirements for Destiny 2
In Bungie’s weekly blog post it revealed what the upcoming Guardians on PC will need in their rig to power Destiny 2, and when the game will open up to players in different regions.
Here are the official Destiny 2 PC system requirements.
- CPU: Intel - Intel Core i3-3250 3.5 GHz or Intel Pentium G4560 3.5 GHz
- CPU: AMD - AMD FX-4350 4.2 GHz
- GPU: NVidia - Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB or GTX 1050 2GB
- GPU: AMD - AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
- RAM: - 6GB
- CPU: Intel -Intel Core i5-2400 3.4 GHz or i5 7400 3.5 GHz
- CPU: AMD - AMD Ryzen R5 1600X 3.6 GHz
- GPU: NVidia - Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB or GTX 1060 6GB
- GPU: AMD - AMD R9 390 8GB
- RAM: - 8GB
- Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 8.1 64-bit or Windows 10 64-bit (Recommended)
- Hard Drive Space: 68GB available hard drive space (Recommended)
Looking at those minimum specs, most players shouldn’t have a tough time running Destiny 2 as the game doesn’t demand that much juice from your rig. If you’re after some buttery-smooth framerates at a higher resolution though, then your PC needs to be a fair bit beefier.
Players were generally left impressed with the optimisation of Destiny 2 during the PC beta, and the game’s ability to run on low to mid-range systems without so much as a hitch.
All in all, Bungie seems to have done an excellent job of making sure the game runs nicely on older machines, so you won’t need to break the bank if you do need to upgrade.