In our Warlock Stormcaller guide, you'll find all of the subclass's abilities, passive abilities, grenades, rifts and other upgrades.
Warlock’s are the hybrid spellweavers of Destiny 2, combining their control of the elements with the power of modern weaponry to overwhelm their enemies. As with every other class, there are a total of three subclasses Warlocks can choose to specialise in - all with unique, devastating abilities.
The Warlock Stormcaller returns for Destiny 2, and it’s all about zapping foes from long range with the power of lightning. Crowd control isn’t a problem for Stormcallers as there’s plenty of chain lightning abilities at their fingertips, alongside earth-shattering shockwaves too. This is a subclass for those who relish dishing out damage to as many enemies as possible - all in one go.
Below you’ll find everything you need to know about the Warlock Stormcaller, including a list of skills and abilities. Of course, we’ll update this guide with far more detailed information as soon as we get to electrocute enemies with our bare hands!
Editor's UPDATE #2: We've put together a neat little section highlighting a a favourite PVP build of ours when diving into the Crucible as a Stormcaller. We'll continue to update this guide with further advice over time, so stay tuned for more!
When you're done reading up on the Stormcaller, be sure to take a look through our Destiny 2: Subclass guide for the lowdown on the other subclasses that will be coming with the long-awaited sequel. We've also got a massive amount of information about the game for you over at our core Destiny 2 guide.
Our most popular Destiny 2 guides:
Warlock Stormcaller: PVP Build
Here's what we recommend you equip when taking your Stormcaller into the Crucible.
- Glide: Focused Burst - Easily the most balanced out of the Warlock's jumps, the burst glide gives you a nice hit of momentum when first taking off. This will allow you to get out of trouble, or into the action, even quicker.
- Rift: Healing Rift - In our experience, this rift has saved us numerous times. It's perfect to throw down just before a fight so you can use it as a little healing pad to retreat to. What's more, it's going to help your entire team when going into battle!
- Grenade: Arcbolt - We're huge fans of the Arcbolt in PVP as it takes enemies by surprise and is fantastic for securing kills. Although Pulse grenades are the more popular choice, we rarely find ourselves bagging eliminations with them as their damage output is instantaneous. This means enemies will just hop out of harms way. On the other hand, Arcbolts explode quietly, quickly and with surprising range.
- Attunement: Ions- The reason why we're choosing this skill tree is purely for the power of its Ionic Blink. It gives you much needed mobility when roaming around with your Super active.
Why you should consider Attunement of the Elements for Strikes and Raids
While Attunement of Ions may seem like the obvious choice for PVE/PVP with it’s immense crowd control capabilities, emphasis on damage and the ability to blink across the battlefield, the Attunement of the Elements should be a go to for coordinated PVE activities.
It’s all about the the perks “Rising Storm” and “Arc Soul” which charges your Rifts faster when allies are near and grants them Arc Souls whenever they enter them. They’re simply exceptional methods of increasing survivability while buffing damage output from all members of the team.
Get everyone on your team with an Arc Soul also hammering away on boss enemy and you’ll shred them far, far quicker. In many ways, you’ll play a supporting role with minimal effort. Sure, you could be ripping around the map electrocuting everything that stands in your way, but with Attunement of the Elements you’ll be the backbone for team, and that’s far more valuable.
Super Ability: Stormtrance
- Hold R2/RT to fire Arc lightning from your hands.
Attunement of Ions
- Chain Lightning: Deliver an electrocuting Arc melee strike at extended range that chains from the struck target to another enemy nearby.
- Transcendence: When cast with full grenade and melee energy, Stormtrance lasts longer and fully restores health.
- Arc Web: Enemies Damaged by your grenades chain deadly lightning to nearby enemies.
- Ionic Blink: Press the Sprint button to teleport during Stormtrance.
Attunement of the Elements
- Gale Force: This electrocuting Melee Ability hits at extended range and recharges your Super, grenade, and melee energy.
- Landfall: On casting Stormtrance, fire a bolt of lightning into the ground, creating a devastating shockwave under you.
- Rising Storm: Your Rift charges faster when allies are near.
- Arc Soul: Your Rift now grants you or any ally who uses it an Arc Soul to aid you in battle.
- Arcbolt Grenade: A grenade the chains bolts of lightning to nearby enemies.
- Pulse Grenade: A grenade that periodically damages enemies inside its explosion radius.
- Storm Grenade: An explosive grenade that calls down a focused lightning storm.
There are two types of Rifts - special AOE auras that benefit you and your allies - associated with the Warlock class. Here's how each one works:
- Healing Rift: Press and hold circle to conjure a well of Light that continuously heals those inside it.
- Empowering Rift: Press and hold circle to conjure a well of Light that increases the attack power of those inside it.
- Controlled Glide: Glide jump ability provides better directional control while in the air.
- Focused Burst: Glide jump ability provides an initial boost of speed.
- Balanced Glide: Glide jump ability provides bonuses to both speed and control.
That’s all the information we have right now on the Warlock Stormcaller, but we’ll be sure to bring this guide inline with all the others as soon as more information swings by - keep this page bookmarked for more!