Our Titan Sunbreaker guide contains all of the subclass’s abilities, passive abilities, grenades, barricades and other upgrades.
Titans are the armoured juggernauts of Destiny 2, able to stamp their authority on any situation with brute force. Not only this, but they’re perfect for both offensive and defensive scenarios. You’re able to protect allies with shields or obliterate enemies with earth shattering force. Titans aren’t afraid to throw themselves into the heart of a messy skirmish, and the Sunbreaker excels in doling out hammers of justice to any target unfortunate to cross their path.
While most Titan’s are happy revelling in the power of the Striker subclass, many don’t know that the Sunbreaker’s just as strong in the right hands. Trust us, you’re able to put down immense damage and wreak havoc in both PVE and PVP. We’ve put together a guide that’ll show you why.
Editor's UPDATE: Just below we've added a section that focuses on the benefits of an Exotic chest piece called Hallowfire Heart, a must have item for any Sunbreaker. We'll of course keep this page updated with extra bits of information, so stay tuned for more!
While you’re here, it’s worth taking a look at our Subclass guide to bring you up to speed with every other archetype in the game. For a comprehensive look at everything in Destiny 2, our Destiny 2 guide is the definitive place to get the info you need.
Get your hands on Hallowfire Heart
A must have for the Titan Sunbreaker, Hallowfire Heart is an Exotic chest piece that significantly boosts the recharge rate of your subclass abilities while Hammer of Sol is fully charged.
By significant, we really do mean a huge increase. Youtuber "SWAYE Gaming" handily breaks down the stats for us and we've posted his video down below.
Hallowfire Heart's perks make this a perfect piece of equipment for Sunbreakers who relish chucking grenades and meleeing enemies in PVE. It'll also make any activity that little more fun - who doesn't love exploding your foes?
Which grenade should I equip?
As a flaming vanguard who's capable of pulverising your enemies, it's also important to blow them up in the right fashion and choose the right grenade for the job. Thankfully this part is pretty easy as one of them stands out from all the rest.
First, let's clear up why you should completely ignore the Fusion grenade. It says that it'll provide a substantial damage boost when you stick a target - which it does. Although, realistically, this isn't going to happen that often. What's more, if you don't stick your target, it does a puny amount of damage.
Incendiary grenades are pretty solid and deal decent damage, but there's nothing remarkable about them. They beat the Fusion grenade's damage output, but that's not saying much.
Finally, the Thermite grenade. The one you should be equipping as a Sunbreaker. It emits a pulsing wall of flame that deals continuous damage to enemies and also conveniently provides you with a Sunspot to stand in and buff yourself. There's no question that this grenade is the best for both PVE and PVP activities as it simply deals a ridiculous amount of hurt in a pretty large area.
Why you should pick Code of the Siegebreaker for PVE
Here’s a list of why we believe the Code of the Siegebreaker skill tree is extremely strong in almost any PVE scenario.
- Explosions, Hammer of Sol throws and Super activation can all create Sunspots. These are responsible for 90% of the power that comes with Code of the Siegebreaker as they recharge your abilities faster and make your Super last longer.
- You can blanket an area with Sunspots and essentially make an area your playground!
- These Sunspots will also deal damage over time to enemies and stack on top of eachother. If you’re battling against waves of enemies or hitting a static boss over and over - you’re going to demolish health bars.
- Your abilities recharge exceptionally fast when standing in Sunspots, meaning you can lay down more grenades and hit them with your melee ability too. Oh, and both of these acts will create Sunspots, with your melee actually regenerating your health thanks to Sol Invictus.
- All in all, use your Super right, litter an area with Sunspots and become an invulnerable destroyer of worlds - no biggie.
The video we've embedded by "The Bugler" below provides a brilliant breakdown of the Siegebreaker subclass. Give it a watch and consider subscribing for more great Destiny 2 content.
Our most popular Destiny 2 guides:
Super Ability: Hammer of Sol
- Summon a flaming hammer and wreak destruction down upon your enemies.
Code of the Fire-Forged
- Hammer Strike: While sprinting, use this Melee Ability to unleash a blazing Hammer strike that weakens enemies.
- Tempered Metal: Solar Ability kills grant you and nearby allies bonus movement and reload speed.
- Battle-Forge: Enemies killed by Hammer of Sol explode.
- Vulcan’s Rage: Hammers shatter into explosive molten embers on impact.
Code of the Siegebreaker
- Mortar Blast: Strike an enemy with this Melee Ability to release a Solar explosion setting nearby enemies on fire.
- Sun Warrior: Solar Ability kills restore your health. Grenade and Melee Ability kills leave a deadly Sunspot in their wake.
- Rings of Fire: While standing in a Sunspot, your Solar Abilities recharge faster and your Super lasts longer.
- Solar Siege: Hammers create a Sunspot on impact. While standing in Sunspots, you throw hammers faster.
- Incendiary Grenade: A grenade that sets enemies on fire when it explodes.
- Fusion Grenade: An explosive grenade that deals bonus damage when it attaches to a target.
- Thermite Grenade: A grenade that sends forward a burning line of fire.
There are two types of barricade associated with the Titan class.
- Towering Barricade: A large barrier that can be used for cover, or to seal off dangerous areas for a short time.
- Rallying Barricade: A small barrier you can peek over while aiming down sights. Instantly reloads your equipped weapon when you take cover.
- High Life: Jump while airborne to activate Lift and launch into the air at greater heights.
- Strafe Lift: Jump while airborne to activate Lift and launch into the air with strong directional control.
- Catapult Lift: Jump while airborne to activate Lift and launch into the air with a strong initial burst of momentum.
That’s all we’ve got on the Titan Sunbreaker for now, and we’ll update this article as soon as we come up with more strategy advice!