Our Destiny 2: The Fortress guide contains everything you need to know about this PVP map, with strategy advice that’ll help ensure you’re always top of the leaderboard.
Featuring a mixture of tight indoor spaces and open battlefields, The Fortress really is one of the most versatile maps in Destiny 2. It caters to almost every playstyle imaginable, with a sniper tower for those who prefer to take out their targets from range, a cavern for those who like going toe to toe with their foes, and a shoreline for those who fancy a mixture of the two.
As you’re here, it’s worth taking a look at our Crucible PVP guide as it contains everything you need to know about all the PVP modes in Destiny 2. We’ve also put together a comprehensive Destiny 2 guide which will provide you with all that you could possibly need to know about the game.
Editor’s Note: We’re aware that this is a very basic guide to The Fortress at launch. We’ll update it considerably when we get some more hands on time with the map - stay tuned for imminent updates!
Destiny 2: PVP map guides
- 1. Altar of Flame - Altar of Flame guide
- 2. Endless Vale - Endless Vale guide
- 3. Javelin-4 - Javelin-4 guide
- 4. Legion's Gulch - Legion's Gulch guide
- 5. Midtown - Midtown guide
- 6. Retribution - Retribution guide
- 7. The Dead Cliffs - Retribution guide
- 8. The Fortress - Retribution guide
- 9. Vostok - Vostok guide
The Fortress - Strategies
- It’s worth equipping both a long-range weapon and a short-range weapon. We recommend a Scout or Pulse Rifle, coupled with an SMG. This will allow you to take advantage of the long sniper lanes, as well as the enclosed spaces.
- All of the inner areas have a great deal of cover, so don’t be afraid to duck away behind them if you’re caught in a firefight.
- There’s a particularly narrow passage which provides a handy flanking route between the castle and the cavern areas. It’s also a great spot to recover your health too.
- If you’re a sniper looking for a great vantage point, make your way over to the castle and you’ll be able to see right over to the shoreline.
- Make sure you’re travelling together as a team if you’re going through an open area. The increased utility from your Barricades and Rifts will increase your chances of survival.
- Supers are best kept for the open areas where you can really make the most of your mobility buffs. That’s not to say you can’t use them in enclosed spaces - you’re just likely to take more damage, so be careful!
- If you find you’re on the backfoot in a long range shoot-out, sometimes it’s worth taking cover and seeing if you can find a flanking opportunity to get up close and personal. If you can’t win the battle from afar, why not bring the fight to them?
This is very much the foundation article for something much bigger after launch, and we’ll update this page with far more in depth strategy advice when we get some more hands on time with the game - make sure you come back soon!