Our Destiny 2: The Dead Cliffs guide contains all the strategy advice, tips, tricks and tactics that’ll help you come out on top.
In a similar vein to Javelin-4, The Dead Cliffs is a compact map that gaurantees you’re never far away from a firefight. As the name suggests, it also features a fair number of sheer drops that can catch Guardians completely unaware, and so adds an extra element to think about when you’re in an intense firefight. Traversal and environmental awareness are key to mastering this map, and we’re here to help.
When you're done with this guide, we recommend checking out our Crucible PVP guide for a breakdown of all the new PVP content. Otherwise, our enormous Destiny 2 guide contains everything you need to know about the game.
Editor's UPDATE #1: We've updated this page with a video guide designed to help you excel in Trials of the Nine on this map. Of course, we'll continue to update this article with extra tips and tricks as time goes by, so keep this page bookmarked for more!
Destiny 2: PVP map guides
- 1. Altar of Flame - Altar of Flame guide
- 2. Endless Vale - Endless Vale guide
- 3. Javelin-4 - Javelin-4 guide
- 4. Legion's Gulch - Legion's Gulch guide
- 5. Midtown - Midtown guide
- 6. Retribution - Retribution guide
- 7. The Dead Cliffs - Retribution guide
- 8. The Fortress - Retribution guide
- 9. Vostok - Vostok guide
The Dead Cliffs - Strategies
- It’s worth equipping a mid-range weapon for The Dead Cliffs, as most battles tend to take place at a fairly short distance. We also recommend taking a long-range weapon too, as there a few sniping lanes to take advantage of.
- Whenever you’re nearing the center of the map, ready yourself as this is where you’re likely to encounter the opposition.
- As many of this map’s areas contain vertical spaces and cover, it’s worth equipping gear that makes you the most mobile.
- There are a couple of rooms with little to no cover, and very little headroom. It’s in these locations that you’ll want to maximise splash damage and use your Power weapons.
- Watch yourself on long corridors and particularly the catwalk area. These are often havens for snipers!
- Generally, if there’s a great deal of action in one area, find a flanking route and catch everyone by surprise.
Extra tips for Trials of the Nine
Below we've embedded a video which focuses on Dead Cliffs strategies for Trials of the Nine, but that doesn't mean you can't take them into a quickplay match with you too!
That’s all we have for now, but we’ll completely overhaul this guide when we’ve dug into The Dead Cliffs a little more. Keep this page bookmarked for extra tips soon.