How to find the entrance to The Carrion Pit Lost Sector located in the Nessus region of Destiny 2, clear the encounter and take home your loot.
If you’re on a hunt for The Carrion Pit Lost sector in Destiny 2’s Nessus zone, our guide has got your back. It’s located almost right in the center of the Glade of Echoes and is very easy to miss as it could be mistaken for a piece of environment you can’t interact with - turns out it’s hiding a nasty surprise.
The video we're highlighting is the perfect length for this toipic and focuses entirely on progressing through the Lost Sector. You’ll be able to see where it’s lurking on the map, as well as a deep dive into what it takes to crack open that sought-after loot crate in the process. Of course, if you find the video helpful, make sure you go ahead and drop a like to aid the channel. If you'd rather a quick read, we’ve detailed this walkthrough in text form underneath for further clarity.
(If you want to be the best at every area of the game, don't forget to bookmark our PVP, Strike and Subclass guide pages - they've got everything you need if you want to get more out of Destiny 2, and will be continuously updated in the weeks ahead.)
- The Carrion Pit can be found by a crumbling, burning heap of rubble - what remains of a large building from the looks of things. The Lost Sector symbol has been sprayed onto a wide piece of metal jutting out of the structure.
- Head towards the symbol, into the entrance and turn immediately right. You’ll fall down into a passageway, so follow it all the way around to the left until you reach an opening with a blue hue on the wall ahead.
- Swing right, traverse the metal platform, head into the cavern and turn left. Proceed through the entrance and you’ll come across four Shanks. Take them out, then power on straight ahead. You’ll come across a Vandal, some more Shanks and one large Heavy Shank. Deal with these threats and keep proceeding forwards, using the numerous areas of cover if you’re struggling.
- Move up the ramp and take out the Vandals before turning a hard right. Again, keep moving onwards, clearing the trash as you go. Don’t get too ahead of yourself here as you’ll come across the mini-boss Nariks Reborn.
- He’s a large Servitor with a weak spot in his eye. We recommend activating your Super and laying into him. Otherwise, use the cover over to the left side and pot-shot his eye from cover whenever the chance arises. He’s got quite a hefty health bar, so be patient and eventually he’ll go down.
- Once he dies, wipe out the remaining mobs in the same area. There’s a ramp leading up to an elevated platform here which contains the glowing crate. Loot it and you’ve completed this Lost Sector!