How to find the entrance to the Sanctum of Bones Lost Sector located in the Io region of Destiny 2, clear the encounter and take home your loot.
The Sanctum of Bones is nicely positioned right next to The Rupture landing zone in Io, meaning it’s actually pretty easy to get to. Once you spawn, it’s a case of heading straight on towards the map marker and you’ll come across the Lost Sector marker on a distinctive grey stone mound. Proceed over this and you’ll see a tiny cave entrance by a red light - time to find that treasure.
We’ve embedded a video down below which’ll help you pinpoint exactly where the Sanctum of Bones is located, along with a complete walkthrough of what challenges you’ll face in its depths. If the video helped you out, consider giving it a thumbs up or subscribing for more insightful Destiny 2 content. Right at the bottom of the page, we’ve added our own text summary of the video, along with a few tips and tricks to dealing with the mini-boss to aid you even further.
(If you want to be the best at every area of the game, don't forget to bookmark our PVP, Strike and Subclass guide pages - they've got everything you need if you want to get more out of Destiny 2, and will be continuously updated in the weeks ahead.)
- First off, head into the rocky tunnel and wind your way through all the way to the end. You’ll reach a open area characterised by an enormous tree trunk to your right with a number of Taken milling around it. There’s a path leading upwards to your left with more Taken mobs, including a Centurion.
- We recommend taking the left path and fighting your way through the mobs here, before turning your attention to those at the bottom. Once you’re done keep ascending and clearing the Taken as you go, watching out in particular for the Knights, Phalanxes and Centurions.
- Simply continue making your way onwards, retreating down the ramp if you’re ever in need of regenerating health or armour. Eventually you’ll have to swing back around when you reach the top, proceeding into the small opening on your left. This’ll take you to an elevated platform above the starting area, where you’ll have to hop your way over to the next cavern ahead.
- When you make your way in and turn left, you’re going to face off against the mini-boss Pandrol, Pillar of Nothing.
- For this encounter, we recommend using any Supers or grenades you have. If you’ve not got any of these to hand, it’s worth sprinting past him and over towards the back of the cave. There’s some cover here and it’ll get you away from the precarious, enclosed space of the entrance, giving you more room to fight.
- Constantly pepper his head with bullets and he’ll go down eventually. Once he’s down, the chest it on a high platform at the back of the cave.
- That’s another Lost Sector down!