Our Destiny 2:Javelin-4 guide contains everything you need to know about this map, with tips, tricks and strategy advice that’ll ensure you’re always coming out on top.
Everything in Javelin-4 revolves around a ring in the center, meaning many firefights will see you running in circles. Follow the map around and you’ll branch off to larger outdoors areas with a little more space to maneuver, and more importantly - flank. In many ways, it’s one of Destiny 2’s simplest maps that effortlessly funnels Guardians into constant fights, and that's why it's going to be one of our favourites.
Currently we’re working with gameplay footage, so our tips and tricks are a little limited at the moment. However, we’ll be updating this page as soon as we get some proper hands on time with the map.
While you’re here, it’s worth checking out both our Countdown guide and Control guide as they’ll both get you up to speed with the two game modes we know are coming to Destiny 2. Otherwise, our huge Destiny 2 guide contains everything you need to know about the game.
Editor’s Note: As we’ve said above, do bear with us for the time being. We’ll completely overhaul this guide when we finally get our hands on the game in less than a week’s time!
Javelin-4 - Control Strategy
- Try and avoid getting trapped in the very center of the map as it’s too easy to get stabbed in the back by an enemy here. Instead, focus on circling around Javelin-4 and increasing your chances of catching enemies off guard.
- Travel with a buddy or two and this’ll sway each skirmish heavily in your favour.
- Be careful when you’re attacking B or “Station”, as it’s the easiest position to defend. Be patient, bring some allies and flush the enemy out with a grenade or two first before you storm in.
- We recommend thinking of point C as an expendable objective. By this, we mean that it’s easy to attack but extremely hard to defend. Use it to gain short term point advantages by capturing it every time you pass it by.
- Utilise both pillars at objective A as cover. It’s worth tucking yourself away next to one when you’re either defending or attacking as it’ll increase your chances of survival tremendously.
Destiny 2: PVP map guides
- 1. Altar of Flame - Altar of Flame guide
- 2. Endless Vale - Endless Vale guide
- 3. Javelin-4 - Javelin-4 guide
- 4. Legion's Gulch - Legion's Gulch guide
- 5. Midtown - Midtown guide
- 6. Retribution - Retribution guide
- 7. The Dead Cliffs - Retribution guide
- 8. The Fortress - Retribution guide
- 9. Vostok - Vostok guide
That’s all we have for now, but we’ll update this guide considerably when we get hands on with the game. Keep this page bookmarked for more!