Our Destiny 2: Iron Banner guide contains everything you need to know about this Crucible PVP mode, including it’s release date, armour, weapons and how to access it.
In Destiny 1, Guardians could compete in a limited-time Crucible event with level advantages enabled. This meant that weapons with higher Light levels could deal more damage and armour could soak up more too. Lord Saladin and Lady Efrideet would encourage players to battle in the Iron Banner and promised the victorious unique shaders, emblems and high-end weapons and armour.
Lord Saladin’s arrived in the Tower once again in Destiny 2, with promises of powerful loot and some stunning armour pieces. This time around, Iron Banner’s received quite a few changes which make it far more accessible so almost every Guardian can get stuck in. Below we’ve put together a complete guide that’ll take you through all of the most important information so you know exactly how Destiny 2’s Iron Banner works.
Editor’s UPDATE #4: Season 4’s first Iron Banner event kicks off very soon and we’ve updated the start and end times so you can get involved as soon as Lord Saladin arrives in the Tower. We've also slotted in images of the brand new weapons and armour sets you'll be able to get your hands on too. If there are any surprises in store, we’ll make sure to update this guide with everything you need, so keep this page bookmarked for all the latest!
(If you want to be the best at every area of the game, don't forget to bookmark our PVP, Campaign walkthrough and Subclass guide pages - they've got everything you need if you want to get more out of Destiny 2, and will be continuously updated in the weeks ahead.)
Iron Banner: Start and End Times
Here’s when Iron Banner begins and ends in your region.
- Begins: Tuesday September 18th, 2018 - 10AM PT/ 1PM EST /6PM BST
- Ends: Tuesday September 25th, 2018 - 10AM PT/ 1PM EST /6PM BST
Iron Banner: Overview
How to access it
Below you’ll find out how to get involved in the Iron Banner event, including what requirements you’ll have to meet and how to get matches under way.
- You must have completed the Destiny 2 campaign and reached Power Level 20.
- Visit Lord Saladin in the Tower to begin the Iron Banner Quest.
- Go into your Director, select Crucible and choose the Iron Banner playlist.
How does it work?
We’ve broken down exactly how this new Iron Banner event will work.
- Combat will take place between two teams of six players.
- The game mode is Control
- Power Levels will be taken into account for Season 4.
- You will earn Iron Banner Tokens in every match. You’ll earn more for winning.
- You can hand in Iron Banner Tokens to Lord Saladin to build reputation. Once you level up your reputation, you will receive an Iron Banner Engram.
- You can purchase Iron Banner rewards from Lord Saladin using Tokens and Legendary Shards too.
- Lord Saladin will also have Bounties which you can purchase with Glimmer. Complete these and you'll earn bundles of Iron Banner tokens!
- There is no limit to the number of Iron Banner Tokens and Engrams you can earn.
Iron Banner: Rewards
Season 4's offerings are totally original this time around and we're definitely going to be grinding out games to get our hands on these complete sets. If you have tokens left over from Season 3, these may be redeemed in Season 4 for reputation packages. As with bounties, all Iron Banner-themed weapons and armour may be earned through reputation packages from Lord Saladin.
Starting from left to right: Warlock, Hunter and Titan.
We only know of two Iron Banner themed rewards so far and they're not just reskins this time! Below we've linked an image of what looks to be an Iron Banner Grenade Launcher and Scout Rifle.
That’s all we have on the Iron Banner event for now, but we’ll continue updating this page over time when we get some more hands on time with it. Stay tuned for more very soon!