Our Destiny 2: Eternity guide contains everything you need to know about this map, including tips, tricks and strategy advice to help you dominate your opponents.
First released alongside the Trials of the Nine launch, Eternity is located in the Nine’s mysterious etherworld and features a brilliant balance of unique spaces to do battle in. You’ll only be able to access this map in the Competitive playlist as it’s primarily designed around Countdown.
Every match we’ve had on Eternity has been thrilling and it’s thanks to the tightknit nature of its spaces which also have a tonne of variety. There are ramps, corridors, spheres to hunker behind and wide open spaces to duel others. In many ways it’s a map that’s built for all sorts of scenarios and creating spectacular moments.
Below you’ll find a number of tips and tricks to help you get to grips with Eternity. We’ll continue to update this guide over time so keep an eye out for the latest strategies. Otherwise, don’t be afraid to chime in with your own tips in the comments below and we might just feature them in the article!
(If you want to be the best at every area of the game, don't forget to bookmark our PVP, Campaign walkthrough and Subclass guide pages - they've got everything you need if you want to get more out of Destiny 2, and will be continuously updated in the weeks ahead.)
- If you’re looking to make life easier, it’s incredibly important that you buddy up with a teammate and focus on the same targets. This means that you’ll deal more damage to enemies and you’ll either outnumber anyone you come across, or at least have a fair fight.
- Take advantage of Power Ammo when you’re on Eternity as many gun fights on this map are close quarters. Having a supremely powerful weapon in your hands will be the key to gaining an advantage early on in the round.
- There’s a corridor and ramp which can be found in the center of the map. We never really found much success simply barging in and hoping to catch someone out. Instead, check your radar and see if enemies are approaching before entering. Be cautious!
- As this map has a mixture of engagement ranges, we recommend equipping an Auto/Scout Rifle, Submachine Gun or Sidearm to deal with enemies in any scenario.
- Use the boxes, pillars and corners for cover.
- When flanking, do make sure you’ve always got a teammate with you as if you run into a large group of enemies you won’t stand a chance - even if you got the drop on them.
That’s all we’ve got for now, but as soon as we learn more about this map we’ll completely overhaul this guide with a full set of tips and tricks - so stay tuned for more very soon!