Our Destiny 2: Emperor’s Respite guide contains everything you need to know about this map, including tips, tricks and strategy advice to help dominate your opponents.
With the arrival of Destiny 2’s first Leviathan Raid comes another PVP map, set aboard the Leviathan ship itself. If there’s one word to describe Emperor’s Respite - it’s opulence. Almost every surface is adorned with glittering gold, making for a luxurious battleground to eliminate your enemies in, and since it’s an emperor’s palace there’s a lot of space to maneuver. This map is home to many rooms, flanking routes and even an outdoor gardens space.
Currently we’re working with early gameplay footage, so our tips and tricks will be a little limited for the time being. However, once we hop into the map ourselves, we’ll update this page thoroughly!
(If you want to be the best at every area of the game, don't forget to bookmark our PVP, Campaign walkthrough and Subclass guide pages - they've got everything you need if you want to get more out of Destiny 2, and will be continuously updated in the weeks ahead.)
Emperor’s Respite - Strategies
- We reckon you’re best bet for this map would be a combination of Scout/Auto Rifle and SMG/Hand Cannon. This way you’ll always be prepared for long, medium and short range engagements.
- If there’s an arena where enemies are tussling, don’t be afraid to find a flanking route around them and hit them from behind.
- Throughout Emperor’s Respite there’s plenty of cover you can take behind pillars and stone blocks. Use them liberally as they’re perfect for recovering health or even taking out enemies by surprise.
- We highly recommend running together as a squad and focusing on the same targets. If you’re in a game with randomers - not to worry. It’s still best to stick with someone and back them up!
- There’s a rocky path round the perimeter of the map which is a hive for snipers and headshotters. Tread carefully here and prepare to meet an opponent running straight at you.
- As there are many ramps and doorways in this map, sometimes it’s okay to back out of a fight, rather than peeking to see if you can’t land just one more shot. This is especially key if you’ve been tagged by a bullet first. Avoid fighting if they’ve already got the advantage and you’ve got an escape route. Back off, reset that health bar, try again.
Destiny 2: PVP map guides
- 1. Altar of Flame - Altar of Flame guide
- 2. Endless Vale - Endless Vale guide
- 3. Javelin-4 - Javelin-4 guide
- 4. Legion's Gulch - Legion's Gulch guide
- 5. Midtown - Midtown guide
- 6. Retribution - Retribution guide
- 7. The Dead Cliffs - Retribution guide
- 8. The Fortress - Retribution guide
- 9. Vostok - Vostok guide
That’s all we’ve got for you now, but rest assured we’ll overhaul this guide with further detailed tips and tricks when we’ve given it a thorough testing ourselves - keep this page bookmarked for more very soon!