Our Destiny 2 Sleeper Simulant guide contains all the quest steps to obtain this powerful Exotic Linear Fusion Rifle.
A fan favourite returns from the original Destiny, that’s right, Sleeper Simulant is back. It still sports the same immense stopping power from the first game, and retains its unique looking frame too.
It’s a Linear Fusion Rifle, which means that when you hold down the trigger it charges up a beam of energy. Let go and it’ll release this stored up energy in one accurate burst. As this is Sleeper Simulant of course, the damage output is something else when compared to your bog standard Exotics. This thing packs an enormous punch, making it a perfect companion to help you dispose of burly, high health enemies.
Since it’s so powerful, Bungie hasn’t made it an easy weapon to obtain- far from it. You’ll need to satisfy a number of hidden steps in order to unlock Sleeper Simulant and start melting enemies in one shot.
Below we’ve put together a guide on all the steps you’ll need to complete to unlock Sleeper Simulant.
How to unlock Sleeper Simulant
Here’s everything you’ll need to do in order to get your hands on this Exotic Linear Fusion Rifle.
- First, you’ll need to complete the Warmind campaign.
- Once you've completed the campaign, talk to Zavala, collect your rewards, then talk to Ana Bray.
- Ana Bray will then give you a couple of new Missions to take on. Complete Missions "Legacy Code", and then "A Piece of the Past". You'll get the IKELOS_HC_v1.0.1 Hand Cannon as a reward.
- Equip the Hand Cannon.
- Ana will then have a new Mission called "Violent Intel". This will task you with killing Hive and Cabal enemies with headshots until you fill up the percentage bars.
- Complete this, and you'll be tasked with "Rasputin's Culling". This requires you to defeat Powerful Enemies with this Hand Cannon equipped.
- After this you'll need to complete 5 Heroic Strikes to beat the "Warmind's Glory" mission.
- Next you'll be tasked with a Mission called "Nodes and Protocols". You'll need to complete 3 Escalation Protocols and access 15 Sleeper Nodes.
- Now you'll have to replay the Will of the Thousands Strike with the Hand Cannon equipped to complete the "Perfect Form" Mission.
- Ana Bray will be waiting for you with Sleeper Simulant!
For a breakdown of how to crack open Sleeper Nodes, you'll want to read our Override Frequency guide!
Sleeper Simulant Stats
Here’s a breakdown of Sleeper Simulant’s stats and perks.
Video by xHOUNDISHx
- Attack: 345
- Charge Time: 850
- Magazine: 2
- Composite Stock: This weapons has a versatile dual purpose stock. Slightly increases stability and handling speed.
- Moving Target: Increased movement speed and target acquisition while aiming down sights.
- Flared Magwell: Optimised for fast reloading. Slightly increases stability and greatly increases reload speed.
- Polygonal Rifling: Barrel optimised for recoil reduction. Increases stability.
- Dornroschen: The weapon’s laser overpenetrates enemies and refracts off hard surfaces.