Our Destiny 2 Warmind guide contains everything you need to know about the game’s second expansion.
Destiny 2’s second DLC expansion has been revealed as “Warmind” and it’s due for release on May 8th 2018. It’s sending players to “new places to meet new heroes and battle new enemies” and it’s likely we’ll see all sorts of brand new activities to participate in too.
We’re working with very limited information, but from what we’ve seen of the initial artwork and the DLC’s name, it suggests we’ll be getting involved in the affairs of Destiny’s Warminds. For those who aren’t familiar with the term, Warminds are intelligent AI systems that were designed to coordinate defenses across the entire Solar System.
There’s a mysterious network of Warminds out there and we’ll have to wait and see how things play out. For now, we’ve been given a few details as to what to expect from Warmind’s release and we’ve summarised everything we know so far in the sections down below.
For everything Destiny 2, check out our Destiny 2 guide hub!
Warmind: First Details
Here’s a round-up of everything we know so far about Destiny 2’s second DLC, Warmind.
We will give trailer on April 24. We'll do it live.DeeJ (@DeeJ_BNG) April 11, 2018
- Warmind is due for release on May 8th 2018 for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- There will be a Warmind reveal stream on 24th April 2018 showcasing our first look at the new DLC. Follow Bungie’s Twitch account to get notified when it goes live.
- Bungie has confirms that there will be new: heroes, enemies, loot and activities.
- Warmind marks the beginning of Destiny 2’s third season and with it, an influx of new features.
- All DLC maps for Destiny 2’s PVP Crucible mode will be free to all players.
- Private matches are on the way.
- There will be a brand new multi-emote system.
- Exotic weapon masterworks, sandbox change, heroic strike modifiers, Nightfall challenge cards and vault space increases are coming as well.
Here’s an image of the latest Development Roadmap.
Warmind: What do we want from the next expansion?
It’s no secret that Curse of Osiris simply didn’t do enough to keep people coming back to Destiny 2 and it left many - including us - feeling pretty disappointed. We’ve laid down a handful of thoughts on what Warmind can do to bring us back into the fold.
- First and foremost, we’re expecting a brand new explorable planet. It’s fair to say that Mercury was disappointingly small (tiny even), so we’d love to see Bungie introduce a generously sized location filled to the brim with the usual host of activities, as well as some brand new ones.
- Many Exotics in the Curse of Osiris weren’t exactly bespoke. If you played the original Destiny, you’d recognise at least half of them. With this is mind, Warmind has a chance to throw in a host of exciting new Exotic weapons and armour which make us feel majorly overpowered.
- Finally, we’d like a well crafted story that does justice to the mystery of the Warminds. We weren’t convinced by the narrative in Curse of Osiris, and while it did some things well, it was pretty forgettable. Bungie has a chance to do something great with arguably some of the most intriguing characters in the game here. There’s something about all-powerful AI defense systems with sinister undertones bubbling under the surface that really gets us going.
That’s all we have for now, but we’ll be sure to update this page frequently as more information swings our way on Warmind. Stay tuned for further updates soon!