This guide explains where to find the Volundr Forge, Gofannon Forge, Izanami Forge, Bergusia Forge and the Niobe Labs.
Destiny 2’s Black Armory expansion centers around the mysterious Ada-1 and a host of powerful weapons which have gone missing. As always, it’s your mission to find them, and it involves reigniting the lost forges and crafting them.
It’s easier said than done as there are many forges to unlock, each with their own arduous quest steps. Even once you’ve gained access to them, it can be difficult finding them on the map.
To help you out, we’ve put together a guide which breaks down how to unlock each forge and where you can find them on the map.
Volundr Forge: Quest Steps and Location
Here are all the quest steps to unlock your first forge on the EDZ.
Video by Whif
Talk to Ada-1 to begin this quest.
- #1: Recover a Weapon Core from a stolen Black Armory crate in the Outskirts or the Gulch of the EDZ. - Obtain Compound Ether from the Fallen to charge the Weapon Core.
- #2: Get multikills and defeat large numbers of Hive with Power weapons to start the calibration.
- #3:Defeat powerful enemies with Power weapons to finish the calibration.
- #4: Collect Radiant Seeds by defeating powerful enemies.
- #5: Return to Ada-1 with the Radiant Matrix so she can prepare the frame for the final step, forging.
- #6: Craft the Black Armory Machine Gun by completing a Volundr Forge ignition in EDZ.
Gofannon Forge: Quest Steps and Location
Here are all the quest steps to unlock the second forge on Nessus.
Video by GosuNoob
To trigger this quest, you need to eliminate Fallen enemies until they drop an item called Stolen Black Armory Gear. Take this to Ada-1 and you’ll kickstart proceedings.
- #1: Collect 35 Tainted Gear by eliminating Fallen with Precision Kills. Speak with Spider at the Tangled Shore once you have completed this step.
- #2: Complete the Cryo-pod Heroic Event at Thieves Landing. Defeat 75 Fallen enemies with melee attacks. Visit the Spider once you’ve completed both of these steps.
- #3: Go about clearing out the Lost Sector missions on your map.
- #4: Go to Nessus and Eliminate Fallen Captains.
- #5: Follow the quest marker to the Lost Sector on Nessus. Find the Gofannon Forge.
- #6: Go to Ada-1 and receive the Basic Sniper Rifle Frame quest.
- #7: Recover a Weapon Core from a stolen Black Armory crate in Artifact's Edge or the Hallows on Nessus. - Obtain Compound Ether from the Fallen to charge the Weapon Core.
- #8: Get precision kills and defeat powerful enemies with Sniper Rifles to start the calibration.
- #9: Get multikills with Sniper Rifles to finish the calibration.
- #10: Collect Radiant Seeds by defeating powerful enemies.
- #11: Return to Ada-1 with the Radiant Matrix so she can prepare the frame for the final step, forging.
- #12: Craft the Black Armory Sniper Rifle by completing a Gofannon Forge ignition on Nessus.
Izanami Forge: Quest Steps and Location
Here are all the quest steps to unlock the third forge, also on Nessus.
Video by WoW Quests
To trigger this quest, you need to eliminate Vex enemies until they drop an item called the Vex Transponder. The quest steps below follow on from this.
- #1: Defeat Vex anywhere on Nessus to track the signal's origin.
- #2: Complete a Heroic "Spire Integration" public event to clear the interference.
- #3: Destroy Vex Minotaurs in Artifact's Edge, the Hallows, the Glade of Echoes, and Watcher's Grave to calibrate the device further.
- #4: Go to this unexplored area of Nessus and track the signal that is using a Black Armory signature.
- #5: Show the item to Ada-1, who may be able to identify it.
- #6: Collect components from the Heroic version of the following public events to begin repairing the igniter: - Fallen "Glimmer Extraction" - Hive "Witches' Ritual" - Vex "Spire Integration".
- #7: Collect components to repower the Izanami igniter. - Blended Ether from Fallen precision multikills - Condensed Blights from Taken Blights in Lost Sectors on Io - Radiolarian Vapor from the investigation on Nessus.
- #8: Use the Volundr Forge to repower the Izanami igniter.
- #9: The igniter is fully repaired. Bring it to Ada-1 for inspection.
- #10: Complete this advanced version of "The Insight Terminus" and collect a Cabal component from the boss to fully repair the Izanami igniter.
- #11: Now that the igniter is fully repaired, use it to reignite the Izanami Forge.
- #12: Return to Ada-1 to report on the status of the Izanami Forge.
Bergusia Forge: Quest Steps and Location
First, you’ll need to locate the Niobe Labs which can be found in the EDZ, through Sojourner’s Camp.
Here’s a video by Esoterickk showing you how to find the Niobe Labs:
To access the Bergusia forge, head through the Niobe Labs and proceed to the upper platform. A set of giant blast doors will open and reveal the forge - done.