Our Destiny 2 Black Armory Forges guide explains how to complete Black Armory Forges and earn new gear.
Destiny 2’s Black Armory expansion introduces a brand new endgame activity, namely a horde mode which will lead the hardiest guardians to the best loot in the game.
Black Armory isn’t a traditional expansion which drops a bunch of content in one go. Instead, it’s introducing a steady stream of Forges throughout the season, which means a constant hunt for new Black Armory weapons and armour.
For those of you unfamiliar with how to complete them, we’ve put together a complete walkthrough below.
How to complete Forges and earn new gear
Complete the quest
First things first, you’ll need to gain access to Forges. To do this, there’s a quest you can pick up from Ada-1 in the Tower which will lead you on a lengthy hunt for materials and components. Make sure you read through our Machine Gun Frame Quest guide as it’ll walk you through every step and help you complete it quickly.
How to complete Forges
Once you’ve completed the quest, you’ll gain access to the first of four main Forges, the Volundyr Forge. While the Forges differ in appearance, enemies and loot, the process involved in completing them remains the same throughout.
Next, you’ll need to be at least 600+ Power Level, ideally at around 610. The first wave of enemies clock in at around 615 Power, which then increases to 620 on wave two, followed by a 630 boss. If you’re at a much lower Power Level than 610, enemies will be immune to damage!
Do make sure to give this video by KackisHD a watch as it explains how Forges work in detail.
Here’s how each Forge works:
- There are three increasingly difficult waves, each of which are timed. The third wave is a boss round.
- You will need to survive against hordes of enemies.
- Glowing enemies will spawn in occasionally. Take them out and they’ll drop Radiant Batteries. Pick them up and chuck them into the glowing forge in the middle.
- Killing glowing enemies will add precious seconds to the timer. The harder the enemy, the more time you’ll earn.
- Successfully throw 20 Radiant Batteries into the forge and you’ll complete a wave. Try and be precise, aiming for the glowing section. If you hit the beams on the side, the Radiant Battery will bounce off.
- Remember that this activity is timed, so you’ll want to grab these batteries as fast as possible.
- On the boss wave, you’ll notice that the boss will be immune to damage. You need to eliminate the small drones circling it to destroy the shield. Once you’ve destroyed the boss’s shield, activate Supers and let loose with everything you’ve got.
- Defeat the boss and a chest will spawn in the centre of the arena. Crack it open to collect your loot.