Our Destiny 2: Altar of Flame guide provides tips, tricks and strategy advice which’ll help you dominate this map.
Altar of Flame is the first map that’s based on Mercury and takes cues from the design of Destiny 1’s Lighthouse area. It’s almost as if the Vex have taken over an ancient structure in the desert, as everything’s either bathed in a light yellow hue or darkened by grey Vex constructs. It’s a very large map by the looks of things, with a mixture of tight corridors and wide open expanses to fight in.
Although we’ve only got gameplay footage to go on so far, we’ve put together a bunch of early tips and tricks to give you the early edge over your opponents when the game goes live.
While you’re here, it’s worth checking out both our Countdown guide, Control guide and Survival guide as they’ll provide overviews of the other PVP game modes available in Destiny 2. Otherwise, make sure you check out our Destiny 2 guide for a comprehensive look at everything confirmed to be in the game so far.
Altar of Flame - Survival Strategy
Editor’s Note: We understand that this section is a little basic, and we’ll be sure to completely overhaul it when we get some actual hands on time with the map!
- There's plenty of cover in the this map, so make sure you use it to your advantage!
- Pop a barrier up by the Power Ammo spawn and it'll be wide enough to completely block all incoming damage from one side, so you can grab it without the hassle.
- Pulse and Scout Rifles are your best bet on this map, as you'll be engaged in more long range fights than you will short range.
- Try not to get caught out in the open, keep moving and stick to the side of wall and inside tight corridors. This'll make you a much harder target to hit.
Destiny 2: PVP map guides
- 1. Altar of Flame - Altar of Flame guide
- 2. Endless Vale - Endless Vale guide
- 3. Javelin-4 - Javelin-4 guide
- 4. Legion's Gulch - Legion's Gulch guide
- 5. Midtown - Midtown guide
- 6. Retribution - Retribution guide
- 7. The Dead Cliffs - Retribution guide
- 8. The Fortress - Retribution guide
- 9. Vostok - Vostok guide
That’s all we’ve got for now, but we’ll update our tips section extensively when we get our hands on the game. Keep this page bookmarked for more!