Crossplay is vital for the success of a game like Modern Warfare, as many people would love to play with their friends on other consoles.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s 2019 reboot is a great opportunity for fans of the series to jump back into the much-loved series, but does it give you the chance to play alongside friends on other consoles?
Does Call of Duty: Modern Warfare have crossplay?
The good news: Yes. You’ll be able to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with your friends between PC, Xbox One and PS4. You can check out the dev team’s blog post to find out more about it, but expect numerous changes and improvements from the Crossplay Open Beta last month.
- 1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Best Guns Tier List Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Guns Tier List - Best Primary Weapons
- 2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Ranks - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - How does progression work?
- 3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Trials - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Trials, XP rewards and more
- 4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Crossplay - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Is there crossplay in Modern Warfare?
- 5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Best Beginner Loadouts - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Best Beginner Loadouts
- 6. Modern Warfare guide hub - Modern Warfare guide hub
More Crossplay Details
There are numerous ways the Call of Duty dev team has made crossplay as user-friendly as possible, so here’s a look through what they’ve done for the system.
You’ll need a Call of Duty account
In order to play COD: Modern Warfare, you’ll need to have a COD account. You can create an account if you haven’t already, and you’ll be able to log in via PSN, Xbox Live, Steam, BattleNet, or just your Activision account.
Crossplay is opt-in
True diehards of the console war (or those who prefer to play alongside people using the same controller) can opt out of ever having to interact with owners of a rival console. You’ll also be able to use different control schemes on different consoles, with PS4 and Xbox players free to use a mouse and keyboard and PC players allowed to use a controller.
There’s one limitation: you’ve got to be playing with others using the same control scheme. If you’re using your mouse and keyboard, don’t expect to destroy enemies with controllers.
What modes are supported by crossplay?
All multiplayer modes are supported for Modern Warfare’s crossplay. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to play ranked mode using crossplay though, as well as competitive tournaments.
How do I form a party with my friends?
In order to form a party with friends, just log in to your COD account and invite them to your party. There shouldn’t be any barriers past that, so just make sure your friends haven’t opted out of crossplay!