The Finn looks like a pretty powerful weapon in the LMG category. Its high level of accuracy and recoil control means you'll be able to shred enemies at a distance like the pre-nerf Bruen, so here's how to unlock it.
Midway through Season 5, we got the Finn (stylised as the FiNN, which we won't be saying because it feels silly) added to Modern Warfare and Warzone.
How to unlock the Finn for Warzone and Modern Warfare
To unlock the Finn to use in Verdansk, you’ll need to get 1 melee kill while using an LMG in 7 different matches.
This challenge is honestly one of the easiest ones so far, and is even doable in Warzone provided you're willing to work for it.
However, to make things a LOT easier, jump into Multiplayer in Modern Warfare and you'll be Finning in no time.
We've got some tips on actually getting the Finn unlocked too.
- Step 1: Kit out your LMG. You want all the melee-based attachments. Fast Melee is a classic, as you'll usually need a couple hits to kill. Also, make your movement speed as fast as possible since damage to recoil control doesn't matter when you're beating foes to death with the butt of your gun. No Stock is a great example of an attachment to boost your pace.
- Step 2: Get into Shipment. Shipment, or any other small-map playlist, makes it so much easier to complete this challenge. All you need is a single melee kill, so just run around bashing people in the face until you're done.
- Step 3: Quit and reload. If you're okay with racking up a few losses, you can really fast-track this challenge by quitting and reloading each map - you don't lose challenge progress by doing this.
Best loadout for unlocking the Finn
We like to use this loadout for unlocking the Finn:
Primary Weapon: Holger-26
- Muzzle: Breacher Device
- Barrel: FTAC 8.98" Spitfire
- Stock: No Stock
- Ammunition: 30 Round Mags
- Perk: Fast Melee
The rest of the class is as follows:
- Secondary Weapon: Riot Shield
- Perk 1: Double Time
- Perk 2: Overkill
- Perk 3: Tune Up
- Lethal: Claymore
- Tactical: Stim
- Field Upgrade: Dead Silence