In order to unlock obsidian camo for a gun on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, you'll need to put in one hell of a grind. Here's everything you'll have to achieve.
The obsidian skins for guns look super cool, but how do you unlock it?
How to unlock obsidian camo on Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare
In order to unlock the ability to start working towards the obsidian camo, you'll first have to unlock gold camo for that gun. To do this, you'll need to unlock all 100 other camo colours available. You can find these by scrolling to 'customize' in the specific gun's Gunsmith.
Now, you'll be able to start going for the obsidian unlock. A video from XclusiveAce broke this down nicely, but here's the full information for your convenience. Different gun categories require different methods, so make sure you're keeping on the right track.
- Assault Rifles: Get 15 kills in a match 200 times.
- SMGs: Get 15 kills in a match 150 times.
- LMGs: Get 15 kills in a match 150 times.
- Sniper Rifles: Get 15 kills in a match 125 times.
- Marksman Rifles: Get 15 kills in a match 125 times.
- Pistol: Get 15 kills in a match 100 times.
- Riot Shield: Get 750 kills overall.
- Knife: Get 10 kills in a match 125 times.
- RPG: Get 5 kills in a match 150 times.
- PILA, Strela-P, JOKR: Destroy 100 vehicles or streaks.
It's worth remembering that these effects stack, unlike with weapon unlocks. For example, if you get 30 kills in a single match, that'll count for two on your quest.