With Season 5 coming out and another giant update coming, you might need to save some storage space on your console. Here's how to reduce your file size on Xbox and PS4.
How to reduce file size on Modern Warfare and Warzone
It's possible on Xbox One and PS4 to delete aspects of the game you don't necessarily need. For example, if you've played through the Modern Warfare campaign, you might not need access to that anymore. Just follow these steps and you can get rid of unwanted data usage from Modern Warfare and Warzone.
- Step 1: Open the game. You need to have it installed already, but with a download for Season 5 of over 70gb, you might be on your final allocation of console space.
- Step 2: Go to the main menu. This is the bit where you can choose to enter the Warzone or go for Multiplayer or Campaign.
- Step 3: Open the Options menu. On PS4 press the Options button, and on Xbox One press Start.
- Step 4: Scroll down and select 'Game Installs'. This'll be near the bottom of the page, just above 'Credits'.
- Step 5: Deselect the Data Packs you want to get rid of. For Multiplayer and Warzone-only players, we recommend deleting the Special Ops Packs, as well as the Survival Pack. If you're only playing Warzone then get rid of all 3 Multiplayer packs too.
When you delete a pack, the game will restart, so just do this repeatedly until you've made the space required for the next mammoth Call of Duty update.
Now you've finally installed the game, why not check out more of our guide pages? We have a comprehensive list of the best Modern Warfare guns, as well as the best loadouts and attachments in Warzone.