Modern Warfare’s Battle Royale mode is finally upon us, but do you need to own the full game to play Warzone?
Modern Warfare’s main client plays host to Warzone as an option in the menu, but being attached to a full title wasn’t a great shout for Blackout. Have the devs learned their lesson?
Do you need to own Modern Warfare to play Warzone?
Battle Royale fans will be glad to hear you don’t need to own Call of Duty: Modern Warfare in order to play Warzone. It’ll be both part of the main game and a standalone download. The update file for Modern Warfare owners will have an earlier release time than the full game, but not by too long so don’t worry if you don’t own Modern Warfare.
#ModernWarfare Owners - 8AM PDT️ - March 10th - Download size 15-22GBNew Players- 12PM PDT - March 10th - Download size 80-100GBCall of Duty (@CallofDuty) March 9, 2020
Keep in mind though - the free version will really set you back a big wedge of memory. You’ll need up to 100GB of free space for the free-to-play version, so get deleting your old games if you want to get on Warzone.
It’s still free though! Crossplay is available too, so all your friends will be able to get involved - provided they have an extra hard drive kicking about.
- 1. Call of Duty: Warzone - Best Loadouts - Call of Duty: Warzone - Best Loadouts
- 2. Call of Duty: Warzone - Gulag tips - Call of Duty: Warzone - Gulag tips
- 3. Call of Duty: Warzone - Best Guns - Call of Duty: Warzone - Best guns for looting
- 4. Call of Duty: Warzone Crossplay - Is there crossplay and cross save in Call of Duty: Warzone?
- 5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Best Beginner Loadouts - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Best Beginner Loadouts
- 6. Call of Duty: Warzone Guide hub - Call of Duty: Warzone guide hub
Check out our Warzone guide hub for more info on the game, and our Modern Warfare best guns list for ideas on loadouts to take into the Warzone too - we’ll be getting more and more guides as time goes on.