Call of Duty: Warzone Plunder is a team-based race to collect as much Cash as possible through a variety of means. In this guide we will explain all you need to know about this unique Warzone game mode.
Call of Duty Warzone has a unique mode called Plunder, a mode within a mode, almost. It’s totally unlike a traditional battle royale experience, as it’s team-based, features unlimited respawns, and players will be vying to earn more cash than everyone else - not survive some horrible toxic gas and outlast the competition.
In the sections below we’ll break down everything you need to know about the mode, and we’ll update this page as soon as we spend some quality time with it. Expect plenty more in-depth information and strategy advice soon!
- 1. Call of Duty: Warzone - Best Loadouts - Call of Duty: Warzone - Best Loadouts
- 2. Call of Duty: Warzone - Gulag tips - Call of Duty: Warzone - Gulag tips
- 3. Call of Duty: Warzone - Best Guns - Call of Duty: Warzone - Best guns for looting
- 4. Call of Duty: Warzone Crossplay - Is there crossplay and cross save in Call of Duty: Warzone?
- 5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Best Beginner Loadouts - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Best Beginner Loadouts
- 6. How to level up your Battle Pass - Warzone - How to rank up your Battle Pass
- 7. Warzone: Best Sensitivity and Settings - Best mouse and controller settings for Warzone
Everything you need to know about Call of Duty: Warzone Plunder
Here’s what we know so far about Plunder. Expect some big updates very soon!
What is Plunder?
Call of Duty: Warzone is home to a different game mode called Plunder. In this mode, teams drop into a race to collect as much in-match Cash as possible by raiding Supply Boxes, eliminating opponents, completing Contracts or by controlling Cash deposit locations throughout the map.
Unlike Warzone’s traditional Battle Royale mode, players will have unlimited respawns and easy access to their own loadouts. Killstreaks will also be available, along with some other surprises too.
How does Plunder work?
The main objective of Plunder is to accumulate $1 million in Cash within a timer of 30 minutes. Once this timer is up, the team with the highest amount of Cash in their banks will emerge victorious.
If a team reaches $1 million in Cash before the timer elapses, it will trigger an overtime phase. The team that deposited the $1 million will secure their earnings, but the amount that everyone earns during this phase is doubled. The team with the most Cash at the end of this phase will win the match. Essentially, the team which deposited their initial $1 million must fight to stay on top.
Respawns are enabled and if you die, you’ll be subject to a 15 second timer before you can jump back into the action. There’s no Gulag to worry about in this mode, so no need to sharpen up on your 1 vs 1 skills.
Players can also create class loadouts to use exclusively in Plunder, so you’ll be able to respawn with your favourite setup. This means Killstreaks, and all.
Players will drop cash when they die, and the more cash you’re holding, the more you’ll drop. However, Players can deposit the Cash they earn to secure it in two different ways:
- Helicopter Pads: Run up to these specially marked pads and activate them. After a short time a helicopter will arrive and you can deposit your cash with no limit.
- Deposit Balloons: These can be found at certain Buy Stations throughout the map, and you must pay to grab a balloon. These are portable deposits which can only take $150,000 per balloon.
Helicopter Pads are incredibly risky deposit spots with practically zero cover, so you’ll want to be certain the coast is clear before you start cashing in your cheque.
Meanwhile Deposit Balloons are a much safer option, but you’ll only be able to deposit a limited supply of cash.
That’s it for now, but we’ll update this page significantly once we’ve got some proper hands on time - keep this page bookmarked for all the latest!