The Kar98k is a bolt action marksman rifle with a fast ADS time and decent damage. Here’s how to kit it out nicely for Warzone.
The Kar98k is our favourite marksman rifle thanks to its fast ADS time, strong damage potential, and flexibility at mid to long ranges. You can stick all manner of scopes on this thing and excel if you’ve got the aim.
When it comes to Warzone, we want to extend its damage range, dampen noise, but still retain that quick ADS time. Well, we reckon we’ve found the setup which nails this combination.
Here’s how we kit out the Kar98k for Warzone.
Best Kar98k Loadout in Warzone
Our main aim with the Kar98k is to increase accuracy and damage range while keeping that snappy ADS speed. Oh, and we’re popping a suppressor on it to keep your shots quiet and so you won’t appear on the radar when firing.
One thing to note is the fact you’ll need to level this thing up a fair amount to unlock its best attachments. Jump into a multiplayer playlist, get your Kar98k out and secure as many kills as possible. It’s a grind, but you’ll get there.
Here’s our Kar98k loadout for Warzone:
- Barrel - Singuard Custom 27.6”
- Muzzle - Monolithic Suppressor
- Laser - Tac Laser
- Rear Grip - Stippled Grip Tape
- Optic - Sniper Scope
This barrel and suppressor combination will increase your damage range, give you greater control, and dampen noise so you won’t show up on the radar when pulling the trigger.
The Tac Laser will give you better stability when aiming in, as well as a faster ADS time - perfect for those follow up shots.
Finally, the Stippled Grip Tape increases ADS speeds, while the Sniper Scope provides - in our opinion - the nicest balance of mid to long range visibility out of the scopes.
- 1. Call of Duty: Warzone - Best AUG Loadout
- 2. Call of Duty: Warzone - Best Oden Loadout
- 3. Call of Duty: Warzone - Best FAL Loadout
- 4. Call of Duty: Warzone - Best Rytec AMR Loadout
- 5. Call of Duty: Warzone - Best M4A1 Loadout
- 6. Call of Duty: Warzone - Best Grau 5.56 Loadout
- 7. Call of Duty: Warzone - Best RAM-7 Loadout
- 8. Call of Duty: Warzone - Best AK47 Loadout
- 9. Call of Duty: Warzone - Best Bruen Mk9 Loadout
Secondary, Perks, Equipment
Here’s what we like to run with it:
- Secondary weapon: Pistol or an SMG/Assault Rifle if you’re running Overkill.
- Perk 1 - Cold Blooded, Double Time or EOD
- Perk 2 - Ghost or Overkill
- Perk 3 - Amped
- Lethal - C4
- Tactical - Heartbeat Sensor
Take your pick out of Cold Blooded, Double Time or EOD. They all have their benefits and it’s largely down to personal preference.
Ghost will keep you cloaked against UAVs, while Overkill is more of a comfort pick if you want a secondary for those short to mid range engagements.
C4 is by far the best lethal thanks to its versatility. You can use it breach buildings, explode cars, or push enemies. Couple this with the Heartbeat Sensor and you'll be able to detect opponents in the early to mid game - the number of times this has saved us...
Amped is our favourite of the third perks as it gives you faster weapon swap speeds. This comes in incredibly handy if you need to quickly switch between guns when you’re out of ammo or suddenly spot an enemy up close or from afar.
Now you know the ins and outs of the Kar98k, why not check some of our other Warzone guides? For some more advanced strats, we've got a page on slide cancelling in Warzone, as well as advice on how to unlock the Rytec AMR, the new sniper rifle in Warzone.