Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s second season is upon us. We’ve put together all the information you'll need, and will be updating as time goes on.
Infinity Ward have been working on getting that second season finished, and will be including three new maps, two free guns, and a new Operator - Simon 'Ghost' Riley. You can see what the dev team have to say about it in their Season 2 Launch blog post.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Season 2 Guide
The story behind Ghost's inclusion in the game is pretty basic. Terrorists have nabbed a nuclear warhead, so Captain Price has sent Ghost to go get it back. How exciting. It's an excuse to get more classic COD content into the game though, so we'll be seeing a lot of cool stuff both old and new.
When does Modern Warfare’s second season release?
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s latest batch of new content will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC at 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm GMT on Tuesday February 11th 2020.
What new maps are coming to Modern Warfare Season Two?
Old and new locations are coming up in the latest edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. It's a sign of things to come, and we'll be expecting a whole lot more as Season 2 goes on. Maps for Multiplayer, Ground War, and Gunfight are being added, so there'll be something for everyone.
- Rust (Multiplayer and Gunfight) - That's right, Modern Warfare 2's quintessential deserted yard is back. Take your friends here and see who's boss, and make full use of the huge tower in the middle of the map in multiplayer modes - it's classic COD carnage.
- Atlas Superstore (Multiplayer) - A huge supermarket warehouse has been invaded by terrorist forces, and you'll be battling through aisles and shelving, ducking behind fallen produce, and sneaking through off-limits areas.
- Khandor Hideout (Multiplayer) - Launching midway through the season, little is known about Khandor Hideout at the moment. It'll host your standard multiplayer modes though, so keep your eyes peeled for more information when it comes out.
- Zhokov Boneyard (Ground War) - Located in Verdansk, this airplane junkyard will offer a huge amount of cover and space to traverse.
- Bazaar (Gunfight) - Back to Urzikstan, as a street market turns into a battlefield. The high-intensity playstyle of Gunfight lends itself perfectly to these enclosed spaces.
All these maps will be released on launch day aside from Khandor Hideout, so there'll be brand new content for you to try out immediately.
What new game modes are coming to Modern Warfare Season 2?
In Season Two, you'll have a fair few new ways to play. Competitive rulesets are coming in, so the tryhards amongst you will be able to play more seriously.
- Gunfight Tournaments - Gunfight is a staple of Modern Warfare now, but what if you entered a 32-team tournament and battled it out for rewards? This'll seriously test your ability, so get nice and warmed up beforehand.
- Call of Duty League Ruleset Playlist - Starting on launch day, you'll be able to play the same settings as the Call of Duty League uses, letting you practice like the pros. You can find all the info you need on the Call of Duty League site.
- Demolition - Basically Search and Destroy but with respawns, midway through the season you'll be able to pit your skills against the enemy and destroy the bomb sites as the attacking team, or protect them as the defenders.
- Infected Ground War - Infected, but on a larger scale. Survivors must stay away from the infected horde, lest they become infected themselves. The Infected have increased movement abilities but limited weaponry, so the Survivors will have to play carefully, especially given how hectic making the mode into a Ground War will be.
- NVG Reinforce - Midway through the season, Reinforce will become available. It's a mix of Domination and Search and Destroy, so fans of those classic modes will be absolutely loving it.
What new weapons can be earned through the Battle Pass?
The Battle Pass will work the same way as in Season 1, with 100 tiers of unlocks to earn through playing the game. Again, this'll include two guns which can be gained for free without purchasing the Battle Pass, but you can skip 20 tiers by purchasing the special pass.
Here are the new guns for Season 2's Battle Pass.
- Grau 5.56 - Unlockable at Rank 15, the Grau 5.56 is a powerful assault rifle that'll be powerful at long ranges and hopefully challenge the M4A1 at the top of the best guns tier list.
- Striker 45 - Similar to the UMP-45 from previous COD games, the Striker 45 will hold its power at longer ranges than most SMGs available, and deal damage fairly swiftly with its decent fire rate.
What are the main unlocks for the Battle Pass?
Upon purchasing the Battle Pass, you'll immediately unlock the classic COD operator, Ghost. With the full premium pass, a whole load of extra stuff is coming up, including the chance for up to 1,300 COD Points, a bunch of Weapon Blueprints, Operator Skins, Watches, Challenges and more.
We'll have more info once the content drops too, so keep an eye out!
The Modern Warfare Battle Pass edition is also coming, so if you're yet to get into the game, this might be a solid place to start. It comes with the full game, 3000 COD Points, a Combat Knife with a custom skin, and the XRK Weapons Pack.
New Trials and Missions are coming up too. Quad Race has you racing on a quadbike, obviously. Fire in the Hole gets you to toss as many frags through the door as you can. Price's Alley forces you to take down foes whilst avoiding hitting civilians, and Behind Enemy Lines is a standard 'kill all the baddies' mission.
The Battle Pass tops out at rank 100, but there will be a store added to the game that'll allow you to purchase items with the COD Points you've earned.
What's the price of the Modern Warfare Battle Pass?
You'll be able to unlock gear at every tier of the Battle Pass. However, most of this you'll need to pay for. Two separate versions of the Battle Pass will be purchasable. The basic version will be 1000 COD Points, whilst players who want to unlock 20 tiers immediately will pay 2400. This comes to US$10 for the basic pass, and US$23 for the tier skip.
If you want to purchase individual tiers it'll set you back 150 COD Points per tier, which gets pretty pricey if you plan on purchasing every single one. If you bought the basic pass and every single tier, it'd end up coming to $160. Thankfully, you can just rank it up as normal after unlocking the pass, so this isn't necessary.
How do you level up your Battle Pass?
It's the same as levelling up normally. Your Battle Pass is tied to your XP, rather than specific challenges like in other games. However, in-game missions still apply to this so it's worth keeping them ticking over when you can.
Multiplayer, Trials, and Special Ops can be played to gain this XP, so you can keep playing your preferred mode.
Keep an eye on this page for updates as and when we get them! While you’re waiting for all this new content, you might as well check out our Modern Warfare guns tier list, as well as how to rank up this Battle Pass as fast as possible.