Modern Warfare now allows you to use Akimbo with pistols, letting you dual-wield your handguns. Here’s how to unlock it.
COD’s pistols have historically not been particularly powerful, but in close quarters you’re essentially able to double your damage output with Akimbo, so it’s pretty damn useful.
How to unlock Akimbo in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
You’ll need to head to the Weapons tab in Multiplayer first, and grab your pistol of choice. Since they’re not hugely powerful, you might struggle to level your guns up to the point where you unlock the appropriate perk for the Akimbo challenges. Akimbo can be found in the Gunsmith under ‘Perks’, and is at the bottom of each list.
Here are the criteria you’ll need to fulfil in order to unlock Akimbo for each pistol.
- X16: Get 3 kills in 5 different matches using the Sleight of Hand perk with the X16.
- 1911: Get 3 kills in 5 different matches using the Mo’Money perk with the 1911.
- .357: Get 3 kills in 5 different matches using the Recon perk with the .357.
- M19: Get 3 kills in 5 different matches using the Frangible - Wounding perk with the M19.
- .50 GS: Get 3 kills in 5 different matches using the FMJ perk with the .50 GS.
With Akimbo attached, you’ll be far more effective on close-range maps like the newly-added Rust, as well as the carnage of Shipment.
While you’re busy grinding out those unlocks, why not check out our guide for swiftly levelling up your Battle Pass? We’ve also got a tier list of Modern Warfare’s best guns of every type, and info on the upcoming Warzone Battle Royale mode if you fancy.