Our Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Perks page contains a list of all the Operator and Weapon Perks currently in the game and will be updated over time.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has ditched the “Pick 10” system and brought things back to basics. Loadouts have returned, with new options to customize your weaponry and augment your Operator with perks that grant unique abilities.
You can equip a total of three perks, each of which offer some form of utility to help you on the battlefield. There’s one which grants you ammo every time you step over a fallen enemy, while another hides your presence from enemy UAVs, mines and the like.
On this page we’ll take you through all of the perks in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and detail their effects. Once we’ve spent time with the game, we’ll update this page with optimal combinations and a tier list of all the top picks.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - All Perks and their effects
Below you’ll find all the Operator perks in the game:
It's also worth noting you can swap between your perks mid-game depending on the situation. Don't be afraid to mix things up if the game isn't swinging in your favour!
- Double Time: Triple the duration of Super Sprint and fully refresh Super Sprint on kills.
- E.O.D: Take reduced damage from non-killstreak explosives and fire. Hack enemy Claymores, Proximity Mines, and C4.
- Scavenger: Resupply ammo from dead players.
- Overkill: Carry two primary weapons.
- Cold-Blooded: Undetectable by AI targeting system and thermal optics. Immune to snapshot grenades.
- Quick Fix: Killing players, capturing objectives and holding objectives will increase your health regeneration rate.
- Ghost: Undetectable by UAVs, Radar Drones, Heartbeat Sensors, and High Alert. Hide the death markers of enemies you kill.
- Hardline: Your killstreaks cost 1 less kill.
- High-Alert: Your vision pulses when enemies outside of your view see you.
- Kill Chain: Killstreaks earned in your current life earn kill credit for other killstreaks.
- Pointman: Turn your killstreaks into scorestreaks.
- Restock: Recharge equipment over 30 seconds.
- Amped: Faster weapon swap and rocket launcher reload speed.
- Battle Hardened: Reduce strength of enemy flash, stun, and EMP effects.
- Shrapnel: Spawn with an extra piece of lethal equipment. Explosive damage delays enemy health regeneration.
- Spotter: See enemy equipment, field upgrades, and killstreaks through walls. Mark them for your team by looking at them while aiming down sights.
- Tracker: Enemies leave behind trails and death markers. Increase crouch movement speed by 30%.
- Tune Up: Reduces the charge time of field upgrades by 33%.
- 1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Best Guns Tier List Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Guns Tier List - Best Primary Weapons
- 2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Ranks - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - How does progression work?
- 3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Trials - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Trials, XP rewards and more
- 4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Crossplay - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Is there crossplay in Modern Warfare?
- 5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Best Beginner Loadouts - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Best Beginner Loadouts
- 6. Modern Warfare guide hub - Modern Warfare guide hub
We’ve listed all the weapon-based perks currently confirmed to be in game, and we’ll update this section as soon as the game’s in our hands:
Video by PrestigeIsKey
- Heavy Hitter: Melee produces greater stun on targets.
- FMJ: Increases bullet penetration and damage against equipment and killstreaks.
- Sleight of Hand:Training in reloading faster when under pressure.
- Fast Melee: Training in executing melee maneuvers with great speed.
- Frangible [Disabling]: Bullets slow enemy's movement and briefly disables super sprint when shooting their legs.
- Frangible [Wounding]: Bullets cause target healing to be briefly delayed.
- Presence of Mind: Infinite breath (Iron Lungs).
- Stance Training: Increase in accuracy when crouched and prone.
- Burst: Changes fire mode to 3-round burst.
- Mo' Money: More money/XP is awarded with headshots.
- Burst Fire Enhanced: Changes fire mode to 3-round burst with improved fire rate.
Weapon perks are independent from your Operator perks, and they're specific to each weapon. They aren't quite as powerful as their Operator counterparts, but they can offer some decent utility and alter their playstyle to suit yours. Do bear in mind that adding a perk to a weapon will take up a slot, so if you're a fan of attachments, weigh up the pros and cons before committing.