Our Call of Duty Blackout Trailers and Screenshots page contains all of the assets released by Treyarch since the mode's announcement.
When the next Call of Duty lands in October of this year, it will - perhaps inevitably - feature a Battle Royale mode called Blackout. Up until this point it's been Fortnite and PUBG battling for pole position in this breakout genre, but clearly Treyarch fancy a shot at taking back the multiplayer crown.
Blackout will see a large group of players competing on the series' largest playable area to date, and the last person standing at the end of it all wins. So far so Battle Royale, you might think, but you can look forward to a much faster pace to the action, befitting the classic Call of Duty gameplay.
In this article we wanted to bring together all of the trailers and screenshots that have been released for the mode so far, and we'll be continually updating it as more and more information is released by Treyarch over the next few months. Keep us bookmarked if you want to get a closer look at all the juiciest visual assets, as and when they're released.
If you're just getting up to speed on things, you can find a brief overview of what the mode contains towards the bottom of this page!
Call of Duty Blackout Trailer
Here's the trailer that went public with the announcement of the new Blackout mode around the middle of May:
Call of Duty Blackout Screenshots
There aren't a huge number of Blackout-specific screenshots in circulation at this moment in time, but we expect to see plenty more between now and release. To start we've got a pair of Blackout screenshots, followed by a gallery of all the other assets that have been released for Black Ops 4.
More COD Blackout guides
Call of Duty Blackout Overview
Only just seen the news about Blackout? Here's what you need to know about how Battle Royale is going to work in the COD universe:
- An as-yet unconfirmed number of players will land on the map, and will then have to gather together guns and other equipment from chests located around the playable area.
- Treyarch has promised us that the map represents an area some 1,500 times larger than the well-known Nuketown map. You've never played a COD map this big before it seems!
- Playable characters from across the Black Ops timeline will be available in Blackout. Whether or not you'll have to pay to unlock individual characters is not yet known.
- You can drop into a match solo and fight to the death that way or, alternatively, you can team up with squad mates to do battle together. Exact team sizes have not yet been confirmed by Treyarch.
- The Blackout map will feature famous locations from throughout the entire history of Black Ops, and you'll also be able to get your hands on some very familiar weapons and equipment.
That wraps up the first edition of our Call of Duty Blackout Trailers and Screenshots page. As soon as new assets are released for the game, we'll slot them straight in here.