Our COD Blackout Fast Collapse guide contains all the details on this new limited time mode in Blackout’s beta.
Call of Duty Blackout’s beta has only been around for 3 days, but Treyarch’s already deployed the first round of updates. Amongst the usual balance tweaks and bug fixes, there’s a brand new limited time game mode called Fast Collapse!
As the name suggests, play a match in Fast Collapse and you’ll find that the circle will be closing in at a much faster rate throughout the entire game. It rewards players who can come up with strategies on the fly and enjoy getting stuck into gunfights, rather than tuck themselves away and hope to outlast the competition in the relative safety of a corner or bush.
To help you get to grips with this new mode, we’ve put together everything you need to know about it below. You’ll find the complete ruleset, as well as some tips and tricks to help you survive the accelerated circle.
For further details on what's coming to Blackout's beta, make sure you head on over to Treyarch's reddit post.
Fast Collapse LTM: Overview
Here’s an overview of how the mode works:
- It’s largely a traditional Blackout Battle Royale mode in every sense.
- Loot spawns are all the same, vehicles are still involved and nothing has really been tweaked apart from the circle speed.
- The play space is now constrained at almost double the speed of the base game. This means you’ve got to keep on the move at all times if you want to survive.
Fast Collapse LTM: Tips and Tricks
We’ve put together a handful of helpful pointers that’ll aid you in picking up some eliminations when evading the circle.
- It goes without saying that the circle’s going to be moving in at a near constant pace. With this in mind, you don’t want to get caught standing around for too long. Be as quick as possible with your looting!
- If you’ve spotted an enemy and they’ve haven’t seen you yet, pick your fight carefully. You don’t want to graze them with a bullet and then get caught in a tricky gunfight where you can’t advance further into the centre of the circle without going through them first. Be sure that you’re able to eliminate your opponent before taking them on.
- We’d recommend using weaponry that doesn’t rely on taking time to line up a shot. Avoid Snipers unless you’re super confident and focus on the “sprayable” stuff like Assault Rifles and SMGs which’ll be more useful considering close to mid range fights will be more common in this game mode.
- We’d recommend popping any perks that’ll give you a movement speed advantage.
- Vehicles will prove useful to get into the circle quickly if you’re under pressure to get a move on, but be warned that all other players will hear the trundle of your engine.
- It’s a good idea to give yourself more time than you need to move into the circle just in case you do get involved in some fights, and you never know, you might catch players making their way in too.