Our Call of Duty Blackout duos guide contains a list of the best ways to get kills, survive and increase your chances of winning more duo matches.
Playing Blackout with a comrade in tow isn’t only the most enjoyable way to play the game, it also adds a completely new layer of strategy to the Battle Royale experience. You can share equipment, plan attacks and laugh together in the face of impending doom.
Of course, all this jolly cooperation applies to your enemies too, so while Blackout’s duos may appear a more relaxing affair, that’s not exactly the case. If anything, you’ve got more to worry about (sorry).
Getting stuck into Duos presents its own unique challenges, so we’ve put together a guide below that’ll help you improve as a partnership, and hopefully get some more wins under your belts.
If you think we’ve missed out any valuable pieces of advice, do make sure to drop a comment below and we'll include it with credit when we next update this guide.
Blackout: Duo Tips and Tricks
Here’s a list of some useful duo advice that’ll hopefully transform you and your comrade into a dream team.
- Even when you’re in a down-but-not-out state, you can still relay information to your friend. Try your best to hand out information on the enemy’s whereabouts to make your ally’s life a little easier.
- Make sure you’re always relaying clear, concise information to your ally so they can be confident in knowing what’s going on, instead of being overwhelmed by numbers, directions and the like. Say you spot someone in the distance, quickly refer to the compass and the environment. Something along the lines of “I’ve seen someone running South, 55, just past the house with the blue roof” is more than enough to get you both on the same page.
- Remember that friendly fire is enabled for Duos (and Squads for that matter) so try and avoid stepping on each other’s toes. It’s a good idea to keep a bit of distance between you both, especially when you’re in a shootout.
More COD Blackout guides
- 1. Guide - COD: Blackout - Guide
- 2. Solo - COD: Blackout - Solo tips, tricks and strategy advice
- 3. Duo - COD: Blackout - Duo tips, tricks and strategy advice
- 4. Squads - COD: Blackout - Squad tips, tricks and strategy advice
- 5. Best Guns - COD: Blackout - Squad tips, tricks and strategy advice
- Communication is key, so let your ally know what you’re planning on doing at all times. If you’re aiming to flank or push an enemy, call it out.
- Periodically check up on each other’s supplies. Enough healing items? Armour? How are the weapons doing? If there’s anything lacking, just say so and either share what you’ve got or go on the hunt for some more.
- If you’re taking on an enemy pair, call out which enemy you’re firing shots at. This opens up an opportunity to sync up and target one of them for extra damage, and ensure at least one of them dies.
- Spot a pair who aren’t aware of your position and you’ve got a prime opportunity to split up and cause some serious problems for them. Instead of facing them head on, be creative. Try splitting up, with one of you acting as a distraction while the other quickly closes in from behind. Now you’ve got a partner in crime, it’s all about catching your opponents off guard in new ways.
That concludes the first edition of our duo guide, but we’ll update this page further over time. Stay tuned!