Our Call of Duty Blackout Black Market guide contains everything you need to know about Contraband items, seasonal events and unlocking rewards.
Unsurprisingly, Call of Duty Blackout is home to a Battle Pass progression system too . Following in the footsteps of Fortnite and PUBG, Blackout’s version works in a very similar fashion by rewarding players with increasingly valuable cosmetic items the more they play the game.
One difference between the Black Market and a traditional Battle Pass is the cost - or lack of it. Access to Blackout’s Battle Pass-esque system is completely free for all players who’ve purchased the game. So now that it’s live, every time you play you’ll work your way up ranking system that’s filled with cosmetics like gestures, sprays and the like.
Below we’ve put together a guide that’ll take you through how the Black Market system works, as well as go into detail on Operations and seasonal events.
How does the Black Market work?
Here’s a simple breakdown of how you’ll earn rewards through the Black Market:
- The Black Market is free for all players who have purchased the game.
- Much like Fortnite’s Seasons, the Black Market supports Operations. These last for a total of 53 days and contains 200 Tiers of rewards. Once the Operation comes to an end, another will take its place, presumably with a whole host of new rewards to unlock.
- Seasonal Events are also a part of the Black Market. Halloween is the first to be introduced and works in exactly the same fashion as the Operation. There are various tiers to work towards, with Halloween themed cosmetics locked behind them.
- To progress through the tiers, there isn’t much else for it but to play the game - a lot. Currently there aren’t any challenges or activities to boost your progress up the tiers, so it’s all about how much time you invest in the game. From what we’ve played of it, we haven’t even reached tier 2, and we played several matches for an hour, with fairly decent performances all-round - yikes.
More COD Blackout guides
- 1. Guide - COD: Blackout - Guide
- 2. Mystery Boxes - COD: Blackout - Mystery Box guide: Spawns and locations
- 3. Land Quickly - COD: Blackout - How to land faster
- 4. Perks - COD: Blackout - Perks guide (Perk list and overview)
- 5. Challenges - COD: Blackout - Challenges list
Black Market: Rewards
Blackout's Black Market is home to a whopping 200 tiers of unlocks. They contains gestures, decals, outfits and more.
You'll also notice that many tiers offer cases called "Reserves". These are effectively "Supply Drops" from previous COD games and grant you one random item from the loot pool.
We've linked a video down below by Youtuber "im Wurst" which goes cycles through all the Operation First Strike rewards, as well as those from the Halloween event too.
If you found the video helpful, do make sure to give it a thumbs up and consider subscribing for more content like this!