The Animal Crossing: New Horizons in-game chat function is lovely, but painful to use when typing on the switch keyboard. Nintendo Online is the solution.
It’s pretty easy to set up too. Here’s how.
How to type quickly and use voice chat with Nintendo Online on Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Follow these steps to type faster and use voice chat on your phone:
Step 2: Open the app and login to your Nintendo Online account - make sure it’s the same account as you’re logged in to on your Switch.
Step 3: Head to the title screen of Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Step 4: Press the ‘-’ (minus) button on your controller, and you’ll be taken through a few screens of dialogue.
Step 5: Open the Nintendo Online app on your real-life phone, and select Animal Crossing. From here, you’ll be able to see your passport, custom designs, best friends list, and a few settings. Select the ‘Keyboards’ option and start typing. That’ll translate into the game, and you’ll have a far faster and smoother experience communicating with your Animal Crossing friends.
More essential Animal Crossing: New Horizons guides -
- 1. NookPhone - Animal Crossing New Horizons: NookPhone guide
- 2. Nook Miles - Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to get Nook Miles fast
- 3. Bells - Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to get Bells quickly
- 4. Holidays and Special Events - Animal Crossing New Horizons: Holidays and Special Events calendar
- 5. Feng Shui - Animal Crossing New Horizons Feng Shui - How to decorate your room
- 6. Daily Reset - Animal Crossing New Horizons - What time do new days start?