When you’re visiting a friend, you might feel like leaving without all the time-consuming fanfare. That’s where ‘quietly leaving’ comes in.
It takes a long ol’ time to get the hell out of a friend’s town. Sometimes you just want to go home without having to talk to a dodo. Here’s how.
How to ‘quietly leave’ a friend’s town
Quietly leaving an island is a quick way to get out without having to deal with all the faff of the plane ride home. It’s not the ideal way to leave, but if you really have to, putting your Switch onto sleep mode or disconnecting from the internet will do it.
More essential Animal Crossing: New Horizons guides -
- 1. NookPhone - Animal Crossing New Horizons: NookPhone guide
- 2. Nook Miles - Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to get Nook Miles fast
- 3. Bells - Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to get Bells quickly
- 4. Holidays and Special Events - Animal Crossing New Horizons: Holidays and Special Events calendar
- 5. Feng Shui - Animal Crossing New Horizons Feng Shui - How to decorate your room
- 6. Daily Reset - Animal Crossing New Horizons - What time do new days start?
Why you probably shouldn’t quietly leave
The reason it takes so bloody long to leave an island, and forces everyone else to stop what they’re doing and watch, is to make sure the game saves properly. You might’ve chopped a bunch of wood or stolen a pile of your friend’s fossils - you won’t be best pleased to lose out on all your progress.
Leaving quietly puts you, and everyone else on the island, at risk of losing all progress. We’d recommend not doing that, and if you’re on a huge island of 8 people, the host can press the ‘-’ button and select ‘end session’ to get rid of everyone nice and quickly whilst not losing all their data.
Basically, there are other ways to get out of a town without losing progress, so we’d recommend avoiding this if at all possible.
We’ve got all sorts of other guides to help you along with Animal Crossing: New Horizons, including a daily checklist to complete if you feel like it. We’ve also got tips on making bells easily if you’re struggling with that soul-crushing debt.